Brake pad options?

jmutiger

Hey guys, I work at at Honda dealership and here in Canada there is a very limited amount of aftermarket brake pads available for my 2017 300rr.  Any feedback from possible options? 

The front is a small amount of bikes that share the caliper, so there simply is zero aftermarket options avail here in Canada through the major suppliers. What options have you tried and prefer if I am to source out new pads online anyway. 

I've got a set of oem on order but the front cost is just triple what it should be for what it is.  Gold Fren and galfer both seem to be the only options I've found, any others? 

Thanks, 

Jon 

I've always liked EBC pads in every motorsport application. They bed-in quickly, provide a good feel, and give reasonable service life.

I once bought a set of Jitsie pads that were so hard as to be completely useless.

Looks like Repsol and 300RR are different from standard 260.   EBC'S FA644X is what you need (for 2016 model anyway, my catalog is from 2017).

Edited by konrad
FA644X

9 hours ago, jmutiger said:

Hey guys, I work at at Honda dealership and here in Canada there is a very limited amount of aftermarket brake pads available for my 2017 300rr.  Any feedback from possible options? 

The front is a small amount of bikes that share the caliper, so there simply is zero aftermarket options avail here in Canada through the major suppliers. What options have you tried and prefer if I am to source out new pads online anyway. 

I've got a set of oem on order but the front cost is just triple what it should be for what it is.  Gold Fren and galfer both seem to be the only options I've found, any others? 

Thanks, 

Jon 

The OEM parts are Galfer - I have found in the past Honda prices in the UK are cheaper than aftermarket - maybe you need to work on your staff discount:rotfl:

I have found that Galfer are good in dry conditions but wear very quickly in winter/mud etc.

Goldfren are good in the mud and grime but too hard for summer use

I have recently used DAB products pads which are a good compromise and good value - not sure about supply to Canada though. :thumbup: