2019 TY125F mods

hoodie2

Anyone been using one of these and got any feedback on them. Always liked small bikes (favourite bike was a rev3 200) and fancy the wee Scorpa but never seen one in the flesh. Something I can use on the road, hill tracks and trial would be ideal for me. It's always described as a beginners bike but would it work for a 55 year old Non Expert? So is the build quality good, any experiences to cause concern with the motor and is it going to pull 13 stone up a steep hill? If not is a 143cc barrel worthwhile or has anyone other suggestions for improving them. I know Nigel Birkett's been working on them but not sure what he's been up to?

They are a fabulous reliable and well-made bike with very few weak points but here is what I know:

The bashplate is not flat underneath so the bike leans over if rested on a horizontal log (only important to learners)

"relatively" heavy (compared with a 200 Beta). Very light compared with a twinshock.

More flywheel effect would assist the 143cc motor for novices.

The clutch engagement is "relatively" sudden but can be fixed with mods.

The gearbox is TTR125 so second gear is further from first than on a dedicated trials motor.