utahpete

Pat Smage

Fat bikes are definitely cool.  I love mine.  I don't wear my motorbike helmet on it though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Shame he never gave the wtc a proper go.

Here is what Pat is saying about this issue:

-> Link

• Like 2

I dont think it can be underestimated how difficult living in another country where you dont understand the languages or the culture, i just wouldve liked to see him do a full season.

But up close he never looked like he was really enjoying it despite some decent results. Hes certainly carved out a niche riding in the usa regardless.

It kinda puts into perspective how much committment Bernie had when everything was way more difficult.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10-time US trials champion Pat Smage giving his all in Europe. Good reminder of just how good the boys from the "continent" are. Nice to hear how humble he is, but wow, what a brave young man he is to even show up! Great job Pat.

https://youtu.be/fDOtelRNhUc

• Like 3

5 hours ago, utahpete said:

10-time US trials champion Pat Smage giving his all in Europe. Good reminder of just how good the boys from the "continent" are. Nice to hear how humble he is, but wow, what a brave young man he is to even show up! Great job Pat.

https://youtu.be/fDOtelRNhUc

I really enjoyed his commentary through the sections, was interesting to hear what he was thinking etc..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got to give the guy a round of applause for the effort he made just to compete. Great to see, outdoor  championships would benefit from his presence

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1