No start

thumper darryl

Bought a nice used 2017 300 a couple of months ago. Bike sat for about 3 weeks and when trying to ride it yesterday, no way it would start. I only got to use the bike a couple of times and it was a bitch to start, but I thought it was me. After checking the basics, I have determined there is no spark. Where can I get the diagnostics for this.  Not plug, or kill switch. Couple of rides on the bike, convinced me that I was going to love the TRS, but after yesterday I want to throw a match at it.

It ran ok but didnt start well, then after 3 weeks it has no spark?

Did anything else happen in the 3 weeks? did you wash it and put it away? did it run ok before you stopped it last time?

if you have no spark how do you know its not the plug or kill switch?

On 7/28/2019 at 4:12 AM, thumper darryl said:

Bought a nice used 2017 300 a couple of months ago. Bike sat for about 3 weeks and when trying to ride it yesterday, no way it would start. I only got to use the bike a couple of times and it was a bitch to start, but I thought it was me. After checking the basics, I have determined there is no spark. Where can I get the diagnostics for this.  Not plug, or kill switch. Couple of rides on the bike, convinced me that I was going to love the TRS, but after yesterday I want to throw a match at it.

Is it fixed yet?

i had simular ...  

My bike 2017 , 250RR  ...  run sweet , then for no reason started to run like a pig ...  then wouldn't start , thought it was the carb seemed like fuel blockage , but the carb was clean, swapped out fuel, had a fiddle and she started running sweet again ,.. but it seemed like every two rides or so it would really bog down and run like a pig starts hunting and such, no power in the high revs ..   

I had been going round in circles had the carb off a few times now , clean air filter , checked wiring , new plug , new fuel .....   I was getting a bit p****d off and almost ready to trade it in , then I spoke to a few places one dealer said that it sounded like the cdi playing up , I then called steve saunders , and he was pretty sure 99% he said that it was the cdi unit ...  have now today fitted the new cdi unit , also stuck a in-line filter on it .. seems ok so far , the real test will be at the trials on this sunday ..  I hope its sorted now ..  but apparently they had issues with the cdi units on the earlier bikes ... 

I have to say tho I feel a bit sceptical on the reliability of the bike  ...  I hope you have got to the bottom of it does sound a bit like what I have been going through ..