Tie down eyes Fiat doblo car

owlit

Now have a Fiat Doblo car and am most relieved to find my Fantic 200 goes in?

question is...where are the tie down points?  Are they already there or are they screw in eyes?

I don't want to take up the carpet yet until I have to. Thanks

Edited by owlit
Spelling
  • Like 1

I have just had a look at the car and I think you must mean "The door shut"(closed) and not "The door shut" (jamb).

Please excuse my stupidity but I do not want my bike trying to get into the front seats in the event of harsh braking or worse.

I have looked under the carpet and there are two depressions in the sound proofing where the seat locating loops for the sixth and seventh seats would be. I will dig one out and see if the loops are there or if Fiat saved a bit of expense by not fitting them. Thanks

If I recall correctly from when I first got the car, I made enquiries about eyes to fit in the holes in the floor left for that purpose but my Fiat dealer was not much help.  I think the holes were not threaded so I could not see how the eyes would be secured.  Italian Fiat dealers might have more idea about what is available........

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find out anything about the fixing points so I decided to drill the floor where the depressions are 8mm. I then bolted a folding tie down ring with a long 8mm bolt with a large penny washer and shake proof washer underneath, these go through a cross member. I now feel a bit more confident that the bike will stay put......... What about the carpet when the bike is muddy?????