and close to exhaust

Also making exhaust too close 

to tank even know I fitted a aluminium shield to deflect

heat off tank

looking at re bending exhaust pipe

to move away from spark plug

cap,and down and out away from heat and plug

12 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I just had a look at mine. If you can remove and refit a spark plug cap on the plug when it is in the central hole with the exhaust in place, I'll be very impressed

Strangely I can't recall removing the plug cap or changing plugs presenting any problem with mine, though it was 40 years ago.

Maybe there were more than one 348 exhaust pipe design. With mine it would be extremely hard, maybe impossible to get the cap off if the plug was in the central hole and it was a standard height plug. 

I see in the brochure photo, the plug is in the central hole but also in the brochure photo showing the left side of the bike, the exhaust looks different to mine where it goes over the head, maybe a smaller diameter pipe. I'll have a better look at mine on the weekend and try and work out if it is different to the pipe in the brochure photo.

montesa-cota-348-new-front-mudguard-fender_998.jpg

21 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I just had a look at mine. If you can remove and refit a spark plug cap on the plug when it is in the central hole with the exhaust in place, I'll be very impressed

Feetupfun , yes I can easily get the plug on and off when the exhaust is in place. Should be back from the welders this week, had the boxes repacked with matting, I’ll put it on and send you an image or two. ??

Edited by chappo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, chappo said:

Feetupfun , yes I can easily get the plug on and off when the exhaust is in place. Should be back from the welders this week, had the boxes repacked with matting, I’ll put it on and send you an image or two. ??

Don't worry chappo I got the 348 out again today and have now fitted the plug to the central spark plug hole and it all fits fine.

The other night when I looked at it I didn't twig at the time that you can very easily access the plug with the tank tilted up

Edited by feetupfun
  • Like 1