Pegs moved and new brake pedal

brownie001

After moving the pegs down and back, the next hurdle was the brake pedal. It was quite a mind boggle to fabricate a lever that could be covered whilst still being planted on the footpeg. What made ir even more of a challange was the lack of space available due to having a swingarm from a TX 300 Aprilia fitted.

Anyway, after a few tries and mods it now works 'Like' the original and I'm happy.

Pegs and brake small.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, my frame extensions are welded from both sides and should be strong enough without any webbing.

I've attached the 'basic' template so you can see roughly whats required. What you can't see in the pic is thet the part of the pedal visible is in fact curved from top to bottom along the length of it which helps to keep it stable ang give it some torsional strength.

It now needs to be stripped and tarted up so that it also  looks the part. I the meantime I've also fitted a modded  Aprilia Climber primary and clutch case and some new MX levers which allow for easy adjustment and positioning of the lever restpoint. Something I wanted but will not be something for everyone. Need to test them for a while before deciding to keep them or go back tu the old Magura ones.

Brake Template.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

5 hours ago, dozerash said:

Looks great! Are you guys using a Tig welder? I only have a Mig welder and was told the chrome moly frames needed to be tig or bronze welded. Mig welding transfers too much heat. 

I used a stick welder without any issues. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, feetupfun said:

I'm stuck in the 1970s with my welding. Oxy-acetylene and stick. I tell people that the welding technology fits perfectly with the age of the rider and the age of the bike.

I have a good stick welder I haven’t used in a few years, I should use it again. I mostly use my Mig. I have a torch set just need tanks. Thought about getting a tig but too expensive.

2 hours ago, feetupfun said:

I'm stuck in the 1970s with my welding. Oxy-acetylene and stick. I tell people that the welding technology fits perfectly with the age of the rider and the age of the bike.

Oxy-acetylene is great for repairing exhausts and encouraging things to bend ........

• Like 2