New Beta’s

Tony Lee

The good news (or bad depending on personal preference) is that they will not be fuel injection. Beta will release information on the 2020's in September apparently and bikes will be available after that... 

In case you are wondering this information has come from a very reputable UK dealer who I spoke to last week.... 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

I'm guessing some new graphics :banana:

Not just new, “bold” new graphics!

Beta better up their game or TRS is going to convert everyone. You can't swing a Beta kick stand around here without hitting a TRS. 

• Like 3

I heard the same news from the horses mouth NO fuel injection just yet but they have been working on it for the last two years and are still in tests. For 2020 new colour and that's about it. Will be same as 19 which I bought a few weeks ago managed to bag myself one very lucky to get one. I think the 19 is the nicest one they have done and I will be sticking with mine until there is a big leap forward from them.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, dan williams said:

...Beta better up their game or TRS is going to convert everyone. You can't swing a Beta kick stand around here without hitting a TRS. 

Would fuel injection be a game changer?  I am not sure that it is a massive (commercial) advantage if I am honest.  Having just got a half decent secondhand Evo for the missus I am wondering whether we should both have the same bike (easier for spares etc) and if so both go to TRS or Beta.

I would like to try the "factory" Beta to compare to my TRS.  The big difference between the two bikes I have is the brakes.  The old Grimeca stuff on the Beta is nothing like the braktec on the TRS.  But the Beta is an older bike and it is possible it is just worn out by comparison.  The TRS suspension is better too, more crisp nicer feel, but that too might be just the older and more worn out bike.

If I were head honcho at Beta I would look at whether sourcing improved components might not be a better marketing strategy than engine development.  A more complex engine with fuel injection might be a really big deal to some top end riders but my first thought is the increased cost of routine top end rebuild.  The current Beta is a longstanding machine with massive spares back up and a world of secondhand stuff to choose from.  It would let me have two matching bikes and a spare engine to renovate and rotate so you are never without two working machines for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, ChrisCH said:

Would fuel injection be a game changer?  I am not sure that it is a massive (commercial) advantage if I am honest.  Having just got a half decent secondhand Evo for the missus I am wondering whether we should both have the same bike (easier for spares etc) and if so both go to TRS or Beta.

I would like to try the "factory" Beta to compare to my TRS.  The big difference between the two bikes I have is the brakes.  The old Grimeca stuff on the Beta is nothing like the braktec on the TRS.  But the Beta is an older bike and it is possible it is just worn out by comparison.  The TRS suspension is better too, more crisp nicer feel, but that too might be just the older and more worn out bike.

If I were head honcho at Beta I would look at whether sourcing improved components might not be a better marketing strategy than engine development.  A more complex engine with fuel injection might be a really big deal to some top end riders but my first thought is the increased cost of routine top end rebuild.  The current Beta is a longstanding machine with massive spares back up and a world of secondhand stuff to choose from.  It would let me have two matching bikes and a spare engine to renovate and rotate so you are never without two working machines for example. 

The new 19 300 I have just bought is probs the best Factory one so far the engine is amazing and also the forks and shock seem more in tune then last models, as far as I know they have put new damper cartridges in.

I think if Beta start putting higher end shocks on like the Raga one it really will shoot the price up. Beta have always come in at a fantastic selling point, while other makes are going over the £7000 mark Beta are trying to stay within that £6349 price. 

My new Beta also uses braktec my 17 had braktec too best brakes you can have on a trials bike very powerful. I had the chance to change bikes but stuck with Beta they do what they say on the tin, they just work and are one of the best clubman bikes going super easy to ride.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mightychub said:

The new 19 300 I have just bought is probs the best Factory one so far the engine is amazing and also the forks and shock seem more in tune then last models, as far as I know they have put new damper cartridges in.

I think if Beta start putting higher end shocks on like the Raga one it really will shoot the price up. Beta have always come in at a fantastic selling point, while other makes are going over the £7000 mark Beta are trying to stay within that £6349 price. 

My new Beta also uses braktec my 17 had braktec too best brakes you can have on a trials bike very powerful. I had the chance to change bikes but stuck with Beta they do what they say on the tin, they just work and are one of the best clubman bikes going super easy to ride.

Cool - good to hear you are enjoying it.  I really must make the effort to try one.

I think the OEM price of shocks is probably not that big a deal and if you buy enough I doubt there is much to choose price wise.  The rear shock on my TRS is nice but you would need to be a much much better rider really to get to the point were it is an issue.  As a useless noobie it is pointless to me, but reassuring that I know it is good bit of kit.  (The missus '14 Evo is fine as well)

I can see the braktec front caliper is the same mounting so I can upgrade the front easily and the new rear master cylinders are also braktec.  Is the rear caliper the old one?  It seems to be the weak point (reading posts on here it seems that way to me).  I have yet to do anything with it but it is soft and spongy compared to the TRS.  Front not so bad.  I will get new pads and a full bleed done at some point, just wondering if it makes sense to bite the bullet and just replace?  Missus is fine with it all for the time being.

Thanks for the feedback.  Interesting.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, ChrisCH said:

Cool - good to hear you are enjoying it.  I really must make the effort to try one.

I think the OEM price of shocks is probably not that big a deal and if you buy enough I doubt there is much to choose price wise.  The rear shock on my TRS is nice but you would need to be a much much better rider really to get to the point were it is an issue.  As a useless noobie it is pointless to me, but reassuring that I know it is good bit of kit.  (The missus '14 Evo is fine as well)

I can see the braktec front caliper is the same mounting so I can upgrade the front easily and the new rear master cylinders are also braktec.  Is the rear caliper the old one?  It seems to be the weak point (reading posts on here it seems that way to me).  I have yet to do anything with it but it is soft and spongy compared to the TRS.  Front not so bad.  I will get new pads and a full bleed done at some point, just wondering if it makes sense to bite the bullet and just replace?  Missus is fine with it all for the time being.

Thanks for the feedback.  Interesting.

Not had an issue with the back at all super stopping power