Observer problem.

Alshine

Although not ideal, the ACU's 'restart' paperwork suggests that riders may self-observe in small groups. As I was already working on developing an 'Observer' app, I have adapted it for such use. At the moment, it has been tested and works successfully - although it has NOT been used in a 'real' trial.  The app wil run on Android smartphones and is fairly straightforward to use. Simply, one rider records scores on their phone and then, following the trial, clicks a button to either upload the scores to a scoring system or emails them to the scoring team. There's both a PDF showing screenshots of the app below and a link to the download. I would also welcome any feedback - my email is on page 2 of the PDF.

It is available for download through Google's Play Store - click here

ScoreMonster.pdf

Edited by oldgit
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bilko said:

Can find it on my pc with the link but not on my phone.

Not sure about this - I have just tried on my Android and all worked OK. I did it like this - 1) Go to this page in TC, 2) Click on link 3) which takes you to the correct Google Play download page. Not sure what the problem is. Alternatively, opening Play Store and doing a search for 'ScoreMonster Lite' will find it. Not sure what I can do if that doesn't work.

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:16 PM, oldgit said:

Click here

How is this going? To be honest I had forgotten about your app. However I was thinking about the problem myself and started working on an app of my own. When it’s ready it will work on Android and Apple, phone and tablet. First I have to finish off a few details, then do some real world testing, then get some feedback from observers and clubs and tweak it according to their comments.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

How is this going?

Not much interest, to be honest - although it is still available as a working app for both ios and 'droid. Probably I'm way ahead of my time 😉

I directed most of my energy recently into developing a nice online results system - trialmonster.uk - which you might want to take a look at. Quite a comprehensive system with only the tip of the iceberg showing to regular users. It will, however, interface with the apps and accepts scores as they are uploaded.

I think in general since CV-19 and other worries, trials participation has shrunk quite a bit and probably needs a kickstart to get going again.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Not much interest, to be honest - although it is still available as a working app for both ios and 'droid. Probably I'm way ahead of my time 😉

I directed most of my energy recently into developing a nice online results system - trialmonster.uk - which you might want to take a look at. Quite a comprehensive system with only the tip of the iceberg showing to regular users. It will, however, interface with the apps and accepts scores as they are uploaded.

I think in general since CV-19 and other worries, trials participation has shrunk quite a bit and probably needs a kickstart to get going again.

Costa Brava trial last weekend had hand held devices. Each riders number also had a bad code, at the end of the section it was scanned, their score entered and presumably transmitted live.  Speak to some one who was there , or the organisations more info.

11 hours ago, b40rt said:

Costa Brava trial last weekend had hand held devices. Each riders number also had a bad code, at the end of the section it was scanned, their score entered and presumably transmitted live.  Speak to some one who was there , or the organisations more info.

Did you go?  I was working unfortunately :(