Some interesting views on WTC / FIM

NAD1

Hope this is ok to publish on here (from Trialworld site) but please delete if not. 

* you will need to use google translate (or other)

So, seems pretty much NO ONE likes WTC as it is yet NO ONE in a position to do anything to make changes!!

How can this be????

https://www.trialworld.es/la-fim-se-plantea-no-haya-mochileros-mundial-2020/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read on phone so just banged into google. 

Everyone seems to think the same thing and see the same issues apart from the idiots in charge. 

Like they're trying to kill it at world level

The facts are WTC is gone to a level that dose not reflect normal trials, its turned into a circus act , I dont ride them so why do i care ? like most other trials riders i only worry 

what the clubs that i ride do  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lineaway said:

How hard is it to actually have clarity to the rule. If it is to be truly no stop, then set sections to match.

The problem with that is if you open sections up to allow them to be ridden no stop, the difficulty more than not has to be provided by the rock steps, which would exacerbate the problem that's already there of it being too dangerous for the rider outside the top 10

Which is ironic because no stop was supposed to bring the level down, but when you have these open sections with larger run ups the level actually goes up

Edited by faussy

7 hours ago, nickday1 said:

Hope this is ok to publish on here (from Trialworld site) but please delete if not. 

* you will need to use google translate (or other)

So, seems pretty much NO ONE likes WTC as it is yet NO ONE in a position to do anything to make changes!!

How can this be????

Hmm, interesting point: The top 5 are minimum 32 years old.

Now this is totally far fetched... ?          I can almost imagine a group of 'professional' independent observers who follow the championship around, flights and accommodation paid for.

Every one of them keen and eager to score a rider as the rules state without bending to any verbal pressure.

Stop or reverse with a foot down then it's a 5, no questions. Record it if bloody necessary with any disputes allowed only at the end of the event.

There is no doubt that so many sections are ridden by the top riders who get away with static, dodgy dabs, the indoor events are a prime example, if the 'greats' are resorting to doing that, then in my humble opinion the sections are already way too difficult. 

Too steep, too high ? If there's no minder to catch you and reassure you then section severity could change....?

Ho hum.

11 hours ago, faussy said:

The problem with that is if you open sections up to allow them to be ridden no stop, the difficulty more than not has to be provided by the rock steps, which would exacerbate the problem that's already there of it being too dangerous for the rider outside the top 10

Which is ironic because no stop was supposed to bring the level down, but when you have these open sections with larger run ups the level actually goes up

When I first read this I was going to say B.S. But I remembered the section I scored in '13. Bou had a terrible crash in it on that Saturday, and Raga made it look easy on Sunday. Raga got the win on that Sunday. LATER I found the same double rock had been set in 2008 and Bou had always cleaned it with stopping between steps. U Tube at its best.

• Like 1

I think I've worked it out. Thierry Michaud will double  WTC entries by banning minders. This way every rider looking for a competitive result will have a team mate entered to ride sections first, move rocks, carry a bag, etc. Rather like Fred Michaud did for Thierry in the '80s.!

• Like 5

The problem with it , just from my point of view isn't the riders or the minders, it's the people putting the flags in. WTC supposedly went no stop but the sections haven't ? Taking minders out should lead to less dangerous sections but I can't see that happening either.

Those who inspect the sections need to start doing their job so that the section severity is compatible with the rules.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baldilocks said:

The problem with it , just from my point of view isn't the riders or the minders, it's the people putting the flags in. WTC supposedly went no stop but the sections haven't ? Taking minders out should lead to less dangerous sections but I can't see that happening either.

Those who inspect the sections need to start doing their job so that the section severity is compatible with the rules.

I think a combination of correctly setting/inspecting and a rule change is what is needed myself, but if I only had one to pick from I would say correctly inspected/set sections would be the more important what ever the rules are... 

• Like 2