Anyone recognise this bultaco

bambam_n_chunx

Im trying to find out the history of my bultaco, its had quite a few modifications done to the rear end and wondered if anyone has info on it. I do know it was sold new in darlington and had been garaged locally for a lot of years. Ive given it a partial restoration and check over so it can be ridden.

51222346-F28C-4DBA-A8F2-1E1BAC8DE52B.jpeg

• Like 2

If you post the Engine & Frame number it’ll be very easy to identify the model of Sherpa you have.

Its potentially a 198B (239cc) or a 199B (340cc) and if it has a 6 Speed gearbox it’s definitely the 340cc. 

These were the very last Sherpa’s produced by Bultaco between 1981 & 83, before the factory closed.

1 hour ago, model80 said:

If you post the Engine & Frame number it’ll be very easy to identify the model of Sherpa you have.

Its potentially a 198B (239cc) or a 199B (340cc) and if it has a 6 Speed gearbox it’s definitely the 340cc. 

These were the very last Sherpa’s produced by Bultaco between 1981 & 83, before the factory closed.

Thanks for replying but i know what model it is and because the bike has stayed local im trying to trace its history. 

2 hours ago, bambam_n_chunx said:

Thanks for replying but i know what model it is and because the bike has stayed local im trying to trace its history. 

Local to where, apart from were it was sold you didnt exactly leave much information for forum members to contribute to!

Edited by model80

I think you stand a slim chance unless you have sales records as to who bought it first, or plain luck with recognition from the picture. I've done a bit of digging and Dave MacKenzie Motorcycles is the right direction. Sadly, Dave passed away some years ago, but his son Nigel worked in the shop for years and now lives in Manfield near Darlington. He may know, have records or a better guess than I. Still involved in bikes, but I believe more an enduro guy these days. His LinkedIn profile suggests he works at Mercedes Benz in Sunderland https://www.linkedin.com/in/nigel-mackenzie-54836b25/ but I think he left and now works for CJT Offroad at 31 Racecourse Road, Gallowfields Trading Estate, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 4SU. Their number is 01748 826 430