Sheffield Indoor Trials

scrappington

This is an e mail i have sent today to Eurosport, after having time off work to watch nothing. If i get a reply i will put it up on Trials central

Would it be possible to obtain an explanation as to why programmes such as trials are put in the TV scheduling they do not appear to be broadcast? On many occasions there are no excuses as to why the events are cut from the schedule. You do not even put up a small banner on the screen to explain that the programme will be delayed or cancelled,

This afternoon the Sheffield indoor world championship was due to be broadcast at 16.00 on Eurosport 2 but instead snooker was broadcast. I happen to know of many trials enthusiasts that actually had an afternoon off work to watch the programme which turned into misery and confusion.

Bearing in mind that anyone who had watched this programme would have paid in subscriptions to Sky or Cable networks did not receive a particularly good service or value for money. An explanation of events (or not) and procedures would be gratefully received. :closedeyes::(;);)

The bad news is No reply yet! must be a bank holiday! The good news is January 25 th 16.00 hrs Sheffield indoors on the telly and after that the Marseilles indoor is on straight after. Honest, really it is you can check for yourself on www.eurosport.com. They are obviousley trying to make up for their first attempt. :closedeyes:

The bad news is No reply yet! must be a bank holiday! The good news is January 25 th 16.00 hrs Sheffield indoors on the telly and after that the Marseilles indoor is on straight after. Honest, really it is you can check for yourself on www.eurosport.com. They are obviousley trying to make up  for their first attempt. :closedeyes:

Precisely the reason I don't published their schedules. They NEVER, ever happen as they say. To do so would make me look foolish. Same reason I shy away from Octagon!

I too sent an email to Eursport about the Trial, but i sent it to programming@eurosport.com as i thought they would have had more of an answer for the poor customer service!! It was along the same lines as Scrappington's!

As yet i have not had an answer, but i agree with shercosi, strength in numbers should help our cause!

So come on all, lets hound them until they crumble and give us what we want!!

The trials boys will win...!

How do they make their money?

I know they used to be one of the free channels so presumably at that point it was all advertising.

If I was paying to advertise during a certain event, I'd want to know that the people I'm trying to target are actually watching, rather than just stumbling across it whenever it happens to be on.

Or...is that the problem, do you reckon they delay it if they haven't got advertisers who want to be slotted in between trials?