Beta Evo 125 won't start

austin6728

Anyone with some tips out there nephew has a 2015 Beta Evo 125 and it was running fine the a day before now it won't start I stripped the carb and found small signs of water which had come from the air box cleaned it all out fresh fuel got a spark but won't fire up. Any tips would be much appreciated. I also tried a little fuel in the cylinder head but no luck there:(

1 hour ago, b40rt said:

Are you getting a  good spark ? New plug would be first on the list for me.

Never had a spark at first so changed the plug out and got a good spark at first but won't start. I'm wondering if water has been pulled through into the cylinder head as the wee man spent about half an hour kicking it over and there was small signs of water in the carb when pulled it out. 

Might pull the plug out and leave it for a day or two or use a hair dryer to dry any moisture out in there before checking  the spark again and giving it another go 

When you stripped the carb did you take all the the jets etc out and thoroughly clean everything? Pilot jets can quite easily get blocked so this is the first thing I would be checking. 

If you have a fuel supply and spark then there is no real reason why the engine shouldn't run, it sounds to me like your problem is fuel starvation. I had a similar problem on my Sherco recently and it turned out to be a blocked pilot jet.

Hope you find the fault.... 

20 minutes ago, scatman said:

When you stripped the carb did you take all the the jets etc out and thoroughly clean everything? Pilot jets can quite easily get blocked so this is the first thing I would be checking. 

If you have a fuel supply and spark then there is no real reason why the engine shouldn't run, it sounds to me like your problem is fuel starvation. I had a similar problem on my Sherco recently and it turned out to be a blocked pilot jet.

21 minutes ago, scatman said:

Yeh pulled out all the jets and gave them a good blast through with carb cleaner all seemed good but might give it another clean just to be sure! 

Thanks for your input much appreciated ? The wee mans inching to get back out on his bike before the school holidays end 

I am not an expert but I am dubious as to whether carb cleaner always does the job, I had to use a very thin piece of wire to clear my pilot jet as the obstruction was wedged in. If you have access to compressed air then that's another good way to clear blocked jets.... 

Hope the youngster gets back on his bike really soon, good luck! 

Bikes back up and running again the wee man kicked it over last night a few times and it fired up seems to have had water in the exhaust as well as the water iI took out the airbox ans carb previously which as expected had been pulled through into the cylinder head resulting in no spark. 

Well he's got a clean carb and airbox and the cylinder heads dried itself out and he's back on the bike ?

Too gallus with the hose by the looks of it 

Think a wee lession in maintenance and looking after your bike is on the cards 

many thanks to you all for your imput ?