Gagas universal side stand fitting advice needed

Dragontest

On 8/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, pjw123 said:

You need to fit it to the swing arm. There should be captive nuts there.  Doesn't look like a GG stand though.

No I couldn't find one on eBay for sale but found this universal one, hopefully it will do the job, I got fed up with the bike falling over, when others just put a side stand down.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:14 AM, Dragontest said:

No I couldn't find one on eBay for sale but found this universal one, hopefully it will do the job, I got fed up with the bike falling over, when others just put a side stand down.

I use a tree, rock or a log.......... if none of those are available, I have leaned it against a buddy's bike.

Or just lay it on the ground, that's her happy place anyway.  Spends enough time there:facepalm:

On 8/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, d2w said:

Or what about getting the OEM stand from someplace like Trials Bike Breaker? They're even on your side of the pond. :)

Seems like a good plan. But if you want to use the one you’ve bought, you’ll have to cut out and drill a bracket to attach it to, then carefully work out and mark the exact position where it needs to go, then get someone to weld it on. Then clean up and paint.

Edited by trapezeartist