Front fork oil leak

Willybul

Hi , my lobito mk4 has been in the garden awaiting and engine to go back in . Meanwhile without having done anything apart from drain the oil taken the springs out to check them and replaced the oil , one of the forks is spewing out oil from the dust cover even when the bike is not being moved ? Any ideas ? Could be due to heat . It's pretty hot here in Mallorca. Any help ? 

Hi Will, rather a strange one !  Not something silly like putting all the oil in one leg by mistake ? Did you drain the old oil into separate containers ? More or less the same amount in both ? I am thinking maybe a bit of blockage, not all the old oil drained from the problem leg.  Anyone else out there with any interesting thoughts ?  .........

1 hour ago, Willybul said:

Oh

so the seals are ok ? Was strange as it was all fine till I changed the oil . 

No if the seal leaks as you describe it probably needs replacing. It may have been leaking before you got the bike. If so, it would have lost some of the fork oil via the leaking and once the oil level gets low enough it stops coming out the seal. When you changed the oil, the level was then high enough to be above the seal.

55 minutes ago, Willybul said:

Any recommendations on where to buy spare seals ? I've seen them quite cheap online . Are there specific ones for each set of forks ? Is it a hard job to change can a amateur do this kind of thing ? 

Have you tried letting any pressure out ?