Road Registration for a trials bike

If at all possible, get the dealer to do it. If not, the government website does have useful information but you need a certificate of newness and other details about the bike, which you'll have to get from the importer. 

I've just sent mine off and it was relatively easy but I'm not 100% sure it'll be successful. I've read about proving that the vat or import duty was paid but not sure how other than sending the original invoice in.

13 hours ago, al_orange said:

If at all possible, get the dealer to do it. If not, the government website does have useful information but you need a certificate of newness and other details about the bike, which you'll have to get from the importer. 

I've just sent mine off and it was relatively easy but I'm not 100% sure it'll be successful. I've read about proving that the vat or import duty was paid but not sure how other than sending the original invoice in.

You need a NOVA number for import duty proof.  If it was paid the bike will have a NOVA ref number......  Again it depnds on age as NOVA has only been around since April 2013 but you have to apply for one even if it 's before that date as DVLA will not register without it. 

Edited by gasserguy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gasserguy said:

You need a NOVA number for import duty proof.  If it was paid the bike will have a NOVA ref number......  Again it depnds on age as NOVA has only been around since April 2013 but you have to apply for one even if it 's before that date as DVLA will not register without it. 

Perfect. Ta. It'll be interesting to see if the left hand can talk to the right hand and see if it goes through without me having to trace down a reference that should already be available to them...