Repairs and maintenance

FrancB

Hi everyone,

Newbie here! I recently tried out trials for the first time and really enjoyed it. Thinking about buying a trials bike of my own but curious how they are in terms of maintenance and repairs compared to a street motorcycle?

I imagine that with all the heavy impacts and shocks on the bike it can cause quite some damages, so would be great to hear what your experiences have been... 

Cheers!  

Salve!

I am new (October last year) also but so far.  Had old Beta Rev 3 - several fork seals, strip and repair carburettor.  Now have Beta Evo (2014) for wife also fork seals so far.  My bike 2017 TRS - no repairs.  We ride about once a week.

You need to change the gearbox oil much more often than road bike engine oil, but it is easy and not very expensive.

I don't know about prices in Italy but in England it is probably better to buy a newer bike than an old one, the older bikes seem to need more work than the price difference.  My TRS was only about 1,400 Euro more than the Beta but is much better mechanically.  (Both are nice bikes)

• Like 1

Without a doubt, the cheapest form of motorsport for absolutely everything... except Trials Trousers.. for some reason, they are obscenely expensive!

Mile for mile, a road bike is cheaper but you can probably run a trials bike for a couple years for the price of a single dealer service on a road bike! 

Edited by al_orange
  • Like 2