Modified the air box intake

sherco70

Gets real dusty, here in the riding area, and my 2017 Gasgas seems to get a lot of the fine dust into the airbox. I blocked off the intake from the front, and cut an opening in the top lid, and made a baffle under the hole. So far it is reducing the amount of dust that enters the airbox. 

Art

Do you have any pics of the modification? I would be interested to see what you came up with. I've been meaning to at least seal the airbox better on my '17

Agree with On It however wouldn't it be beneficial to limit the amount of dust entering the airbox as it in turn would be less dirty air for the filter to well...filter? 

3 hours ago, mbeers6 said:

Do you have any pics of the modification? I would be interested to see what you came up with. I've been meaning to at least seal the airbox better on my '17

Agree with On It however wouldn't it be beneficial to limit the amount of dust entering the airbox as it in turn would be less dirty air for the filter to well...filter? 

if you want to stop dust entering the air box i used a pair of woman tights cut down over air box  inlet  as a pre filter 

The opening I cut is in the black of the decal and not noticeable. The baffle under the hole is a simple piece of plastic, taped in place. The front opening to the airbox, is blocked with some filter foam, I had , and oiled some. Still the intake gets it's share of dusty air, but seems to go longer between filter cleaning. It's a little faster to check the filter now.

Art

20190905_134349.jpg

Edited by sherco70