2011 sr280 are they any good

rick1962uk

Very capable and under rated bike, things to check: condition of the frame around the footrests they can be prone to bending. Electrics (CDI unit) mine did go and needed replacing so check for a good spark. The rear of the airbox isn't the best so check that it is fit for purpose. Enjoy!

I bought one new and liked it, the rear shock has no linkage so it was low maintenance . Engine is a Sherco so no problems with bits and nice to work on.

Didn't have any problems but if I mind right the carb was tricky to get out and the plastics a bit ropey.

Probably should have kept it but I found the power  a bit much but a flywheel weight would have cured it.

I know my Ossa's bigger but the Scorpa had loads more go.

I've got one, same year. Geared it down one tooth on the gearbox sprocket, slow action throttle and retarded ignition. It's a great big pussy cat of a bike, completely unintimidating, grips well with easily repackable silencer. Very cheap to run with no rear linkage etc and none the worse for it.

Pulled it apart and not to bad had to straightern the frame by the footrests need to get the silencer welded std trials thing and drill one bolt out of the forks spindle clamp a goodtidy up and its ready going out on it next weekend at nash mills but a very happy bunny

Had a great day the scorpa was great realy loved it junped on an 07 gasgas and didnt realy feel it was a better bike the scorpa does need a 9 front sprocket its got a quick action twist grip and i liked it but a shorter gear lever is a must the only part i hated was changing gear realy had trouble finding the lever but a new one on order and back out in a few weeks

many thanks for all the advice