New Montesa 301 RR announced - Oct 2019

johnnyboxer

5 hours ago, dwb5151 said:

Let me guess another 4 stroke 

What did you expect? An old antiquated 2 stroke motor ? 

Surely 26 world championships back to back is enough to prove Honda Montesa know’s a thing or two about making trials bikes! ?

• Like 2

No, not a two stroke, but probably an old antiquated four stroke ?

I wonder if the 'new' 301 RR will have any features from the Repsol works bikes; especially in the engine department? Thinking of dual spark, updated clutch, different gearbox and crankshaft...  In other words: a completely different engine.   

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, duggan said:

What did you expect? An old antiquated 2 stroke motor ? 

Surely 26 world championships back to back is enough to prove Honda Montesa know’s a thing or two about making trials bikes! ?

Compare toni's bike to the repsol you and me can buy. Big difference

1 hour ago, tcrhino said:

I wonder if the 'new' 301 RR will have any features from the Repsol works bikes; especially in the engine department? Thinking of dual spark, updated clutch, different gearbox and crankshaft...  In other words: a completely different engine.   

Montesa/Honda historically don't change model name just for sticker change so maybe something new internally? Maybe closer to the RG bikes like Toby Martin and Billy Green have used and other GP2 riders.

Rear disc looks FIM style if nothing else.

There was a video on the internet a few months back (before Japan WTC maybe) of Bou riding a non repsol model in Japan so maybe testing the 301 engine 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tcrhino said:

Hardly a "Replica" ?

The 301 RR I have been told on good authority that it is a new bike. 

It will be close to that of what grattarolla, marcelli, Moret and the boys from Trial 2 ride. 

It is also been known that the repsol and standard 4RT will be updated as well for 2020. 

Patience is a virtue and you will all have to wait and see. Its only 1 month away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2