Where best (& safest) to sell a bike these days?

rr62

As soon as the new 4RT comes out, I’m in.

Just wondering (UK) where the best place is to sell a (very nice, hardly any use, mint, 2016 4RT since you’re asking..) bike these days. Not angling for any PM’s to buy it by the way.

Back in the day I used to use TMX but suspect it reaches less folk nowadays. Also sold a couple of older bikes on Car & Classic with no probs. I distrust that well known online auction site. Maybe the classifieds on this site? 

Don’t really want to trade in but equally don’t want potential bike thieves coming round.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

If you are worried about - potential bike thieves , then any type of advertising lets people know you have a bike . 

But it wont sell if no-one knows its for sale ?

you are possibly safer advertising it on trials forums / club websites etc , but your ad wont be seen by many people

if you don't trust ebay , then definitely don't advertise it on facebook whatever you do

TMX is weekly so worth a try, or if you are in no hurry maybe try some monthly magazines ?

if you want top retail money for it then you will have to advertise & sell it yourself   , otherwise maybe ask some bike shops if they are interested in selling on your behalf 

{ they will obviously want a reasonable cut of the selling price }

good luck 

• Like 1