4rt inline fuel pump

Rapidroy

after taking the oil catcher bottle and pluming away I think there is room at the head stock to bury a fuel pump

there is two wires for the pump

ebay sells a selection of pressurised pumps for under £20  

I'm just wondering if it possible, flat tank with similar fuel capacity  

Edited by Rapidroy

I would agree that with the catch bottle removed it would be possible to put a pump there.  However the amount of work to do so and possible issues like pump quality/longevity and having to making sure its doesn't cause any other unexpected issues is just to much in my mind.  

To what end?  Do you enjoy listening to the constant drone of an external fuel pump all day long?  Fabricating a plate for the fuel tank?  Plumbing an external fuel filter and fitting said plumbing into the injector?  Determining the exact voltage to make the external pump run without taxing the OE fuel pump wiring harness/stator/regulator?  Lots of work involved to replace something that works just fine the way it is.  Why the desire for an external pump?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rapidroy said:

Just looking of the possibility to create a flat tank with similar fuel capacity ...

Another way is just to add capacity to a flat tank in the lower front region. If you're cutting up a tank anyway, could do more cutting / fabbing.

Banyeres lists two Mitani flat tanks (SP2 & SP3 styles) for the 2005-2015 fuel pump assembly that are expanded. There are photos on the Banyeres site.

If you look at the Repsol Honda Team bikes, their tanks are similarly expanded. Look for recent years photos of the left side.

The factory seems to think that's a better way to get more capacity, since they keep the internal fuel pump assembly. They did it with the regular top profile for outdoors events. May have been needed for the 15 section loops.

Edited by sportsawyer

8 hours ago, Rapidroy said:

Banyeres product looks superb, beautifully finished

price are restrictive for this miserable person (stuck in the 80'S)

but it looks that they must have modified the pump internals  to made it fit

You have to mod the pump bracket for any flat tank mod - just gut and bend the bracket and tack back together 

• Like 1