Jeroni Fajardo - WTF

NAD1

20 hours ago, neils on wheels said:

Apparently not, the press release specifically refers to individual results. Convenient huh!

Oh yes very EU over there....all makes us over here in UK sticking to the rules the underdog...again!

Edited by section swept
Added material

Probably reflects the state of the championship in that they can't afford to lose a rider.

Does this mean he doesn't qualify for indoor series ?

This has clearly been known about for time but if they had concluded matters sooner GG would have not had anyone on the podium. 

Fajardo is a fantastic rider but with GG uncertain in terms of the WTC where does he go next year ?

3 hours ago, faussy said:

How convenient. You're banned.... but since you've already served your banning while not being banned, you're free to compete. What a joke

He lost all points from 16 september 2018 to 16 september 2019. I would say, that is punishment enough.

12 hours ago, Canario said:

He lost all points from 16 september 2018 to 16 september 2019. I would say, that is punishment enough.

For me the problem is he was allowed to ride, got the publicity for his employer over the last year.

For every podium he scored the photos are flashed around the world, this denies the same exposure to the 4th place person, from a different team.

Then on one day he is banned and everyone then forgets about it immediately.

I assume he will not be riding the indoor season.

Edited by mattylad
added to
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, mattylad said:

For me the problem is he was allowed to ride, got the publicity for his employer over the last year.

For every podium he scored the photos are flashed around the world, this denies the same exposure to the 4th place person, from a different team.

Then on one day he is banned and everyone then forgets about it immediately.

I assume he will not be riding the indoor season.

I understand your point, but I try to see it from Jeronis point of view. The doping test took place a year ago on 16 september 2018 in Arco di Trento. The analytical finding was notified to the rider on 23 January 2019. FIM let him ride the whole season(s). So it took a year to come to a decision, that's not the fault of the rider.

9 minutes ago, mattylad said:

I agree it is not the riders fault, it is the organisation that issues the licence and sanctions his participation in full knowledge of the facts.

We should be discussing the role of the Federation and the FIM 

Jeronis took banned substances, but its not his fault ???

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, b40rt said:

Jeronis took banned substances, but its not his fault ???

Yes he is guilty,  but I guess they see it a bit like a criminal on remand, where the remand time is taken into account during sentencing. Since he was doped checked in September 2018 and only received notification of his ban recently I guess they saw it fit to negate the results for the 12 month period straight after rather than losing a rider from the next season. Right or wrong I would assume (hope) that they feel that the WTC is in a poor enough state as it is and anymore controversy will just add more fuel to the demise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1