KTM get his hands on GasGas?

cascao

If, in future we see one trials bike in each KTM dealer floor, It will be a big opportunity for our sport. (Hope they are better than regular ktm enduro riders)

I guess next generation gasgas EC will be only an red KTM.

My biggest concern is how small companies like ordonez (radiators) braktec, formula and many others will deal with this new gg. Killing these suppliers will put big stress on ktm competitors like beta and sherco.

18 hours ago, cascao said:

My biggest concern is how small companies like ordonez (radiators) braktec, formula and many others will deal with this new gg. Killing these suppliers will put big stress on ktm competitors like beta and sherco.

Perhaps not. If GasGas was unable to pay their suppliers that would put considerable stress on those small manufacturers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 52 miles west of Venus said:

KTM were not that committed to Husaberg though. Picked what they wanted then shut it down.

So I suppose they might revert Gas Gas to a Trials only mfg since they probably don't need a third line of 2T enduro bikes.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 1:12 AM, breagh said:

Maybe if Honda bought them! No matter here,  a £ will be worth half a euro shortly if we're lucky, here's hoping the Ethiopians will hold some concerts for us.

Honda already has Montesa, why would they consider Gas Gas...

I know you didn’t suggest they are interested but figured better just clear that consideration off the plate...

?

Edited by jonnyc21

1 hour ago, jonnyc21 said:

Honda already has Montesa, why would they consider Gas Gas...

I know you didn’t suggest they are interested but figured better just clear that consideration off the plate...

?

They might want access to a 2 stroke engine, and of course the Gas Gas gearbox?.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, motovita said:

They might want access to a 2 stroke engine, and of course the Gas Gas gearbox?.

If they really wanted to go back to 2T I would expect they would just pull up the specifications of the 315R...

Now the Gas Gas gearbox on the other hand, that’s an interesting consideration...  ?