Ty 175 Transmission trouble

hop_sing

Hi everyone,  I have a TY 175b ,  I got the bike a year ago and have rode it all season. It's transmission has been touchy and I have babied it through the year. It is my first one so I didn't know if this was normal or what. 

This past weekend I was at an Event and headed out to the first section it jumped out of 4th gear into a neutral and I could not get it to go into any gear after that. I pushed it back to the truck and it magically seemed to be working again. I headed back out and it did the same thing again in 2nd gear. I was done at this point and used a spare bike to ride the Event. 

I am not a very good mechanic and don't know where to start. I will probably have to have somebody else fix it but would like your input to see if it is a common problem or what. 

The bike is real nice and I want it fixed. Suggestions would be welcome. 

Thanks for assistance, I am in real need. 

Hop-Sing 

They are a bit notchy or stiff to shift compared to other bikes. An easy thing to check is to make sure that you are getting full travel from the shift lever in both directions without any interference of the lever with the engine case or anything else. Sometimes they can get pushed out of shape in a crash and interfere with other parts. Also the shift shaft is connected to linkage that goes to another main shift shaft behind a small cover . It is on a spline. If the linkage or spline is worn, it could cause the trans to only partly engage a selected gear or popping into a neutral. I assume you were at Bushey Ranch?

Sam

Yes was at Bushy, And I feel so dumb. Happy but embarrassed. My countershaft sprocket bolt fell off. Used a TY 250 I had picked up the weekend before and won the INT line.

My 175 would have been like cheating on those sections.

But thanks for all the help. even just the moral support. I was certain my transmission went bad.