1996 gas gas

Steve's

The largest Gas Gas parts supplier for older bike I am aware of is the old US importer. Not that this is very helpful for you based on location.

Can’t say who might be close to you that could have parts but might be worth a call/email to Jim if you can’t find what your looking for for.  

Good luck, and here is his website.

http://www.trialspartsusa.com/

Edited by jonnyc21

Hi Steve, as mentioned above, you could try Richard Allen, he is a trials bike breaker (Are we ok to mention names on the site?) Why a complete clutch hydraulic system? Usual problems are the seals failing in the master cylinder, which should have DOT 4 oil, you can buy replacement piston/seal kits from most dealers, but would need one for DOT 4 and not mineral oil. The slave cylinder can occasionally come up with problems with the ball bearing in the centre of the piston getting pushed back and then noticing this by the clutch not being allowed to travel far enough to dis-engage properly. There were piston/seal kits for these too. Clutch plates on the older bikes were susceptible to water (usually from a failed water pump shaft/seal), the water if left on the plates causes them to de-laminate. OEM plates dried out (ok then, a pun) a long time ago in a factory far away, but you can get replacement clutch packs from S3 and Sureflex. Don't know what you mean by the fixing to hold on the rear brake disc, the disc is bolted to the hub. Bye, Peter B.

Thank you for your reply Peter. If I dont use the bike for a while the clutch plates seem to stick together? I just thought while I'm doing the clutch to replace everything? On the rear brake disc it has 6 holes but only seems to have 3 bolts? They are a counter sunk bolt with a washer. 

Hi Steve, there were only 3 screws used for the disc on those bikes. Drain the oil, remove, inspect and clean the clutch plates then re-fill with 600ml of ATF rated to Dexron III. 750ml is stated from the factory but 600 is just fine and check if the plates are sticking. Follow this link for a parts manual. Bye, Peter. https://www.motocrosscenter.com/pdf_manual_gasgas/1996jtr250partsbook.pdf

• 3 months later...