2019 EVO 2T Headlight Removal Fan Fix

trialsrydr

Hello All,

I have a new to me 2019 EVO 250. I need to remove the front headlight to fit a number plate. The problem is, when I disconnect the wiring to the light and ignition mode switch (also on the headlight mask) the cooling fan stops working.

My question is; what is the fix for this?

Thanks for any assistance.

PS - I am no electrician so please be specific or post a photo - Thanks.

Removing the lights or the mapping switch should not stop the fan from running.

Removing the mapping switch just leaves the bike in "summer" setting.  I think you will need to go under the seat and check all the connections.  It sounds like someone has been fiddling with the wiring.

1 hour ago, technowaldo said:

Lampkin’s sells a kit to do away with the headlight

That is essentially the same as removing the light and fitting a numberboard with 2 holes drilled in it to mount the cooling block.  It sounds like there is some wiring issues

Thanks for the information so far. I have no idea what to look for, other than a disconnect. I will dig into it tomorrow. Anything else helpful would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I put the headlight back on (after a big overheat) and then the fan worked.

• 10 months later...

I just purchased a 2019 EVO 200. Can anyone verify whether the charging/ignition system is unique to the 200 2T? I ask because the voltage regulator is not located behind the headlight on mine. I've removed the headlight and the cooling fan still operates properly.