2019 300 EVO; what to look for

honda65

Hi, I'm new to the sport, like really really new. Long time motocrosser, good solid 40+ expert rider (almost 60 actually) but a complete and utter spode on this thing. And by this thing I mean a 2019 300 EVO I picked up on a whim this summer. I'm a bit heavy at the moment (225) and installed stiffer springs and adjusted my handlebars a bit further forward. I plan to dump the break in gas (40:1) and use the recommended ratio. Right now it both pings and burbles and blows lots of smoke. Basically I'm wondering what things I should look for, things that break or need modification. Good hop ups, jetting specs, etc.  Basic stuff. Any input would help

Thanks

Hey thanks for the replys, been away from the computer. Yes I know the 40:1 needs to go. Manual says 60:1 but I thought some else also told me 80:1 which I have no problem doing. I was planning on trying the mix before jetting but it definitely pings off the bottom so I might look at the 48 pilot.

As for oil, I prefer Crisco

• Haha 1

Partial to sesame oil myself but that’s a different application. Beta’s are notorious octane pigs. If you want it to run properly feed it the good stuff. You can also get a low compression head which reduces the octane requirement somewhat and makes the 300 a little less hyper though it will occasionally remember it’s still a 300 and surprise you if you’re not careful with the noisy grip.