Spanish rumours

hgas

Some interesting rider change rumours for 2020 coming from across the pond ! Busto and Miquel gelabert to beta , jorge casales to gasgas ,aniol gelabert to trs and James dabill and Franze kadlec to both quit altogether !time will soon tell if any of it is true , I can’t see dabill calling it a day yet though and kadlec has had a good year so seems strange for him to stop ,it would also leave vertigo with no riders at all which I can’t see 

3 hours ago, hgas said:

I agree that’s probably the most likely outcome , hope he doesn’t retire before he cracks the top 5 

I would love to see him crack the top 5 but I think he’s had his best chance. Always thought he road best on a gg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, eagle8 said:

Have to say going to GasGas could be a bit of a gamble, will KTM keep them going or just let them die a slow death ? !

A month ago it would have been more of a gamble. Any contracts written now, or lack of, "should" be a good indication of their intentions.

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, eagle8 said:

Have to say going to GasGas could be a bit of a gamble, will KTM keep them going or just let them die a slow death ? !

Why would KTM have invested in Gas Gas to "... just let them die a slow death" ?

Could they not have achieved that by not investing?

• Like 3

Surely KTM investing in GasGas gets them into the trials market with a good proven bike without them having to design and develop one?The future of the bike which is loved by many looks more secure than it has done for some time

• Like 3

I noticed that whilst dabill was winning the Scott there was a big beta gathering in Italy and dabill hasnt thanked beta on his social media posts so definitely looks like he’s on the move , 

• Like 1

Saw that story. Can’t see it all happening personally but who knows ??‍♂️

why would Busto move again? And what of Bincaz? 
Kadlec probably riding better than ever this year so unless the cost / getting sufficient sponsorship is proving too much seems odd he’d quit. 
Dibs riding well, be a shame (for him and trial GP as a whole) if a rider at that level does call it a day at top level. Like to see him back on Gas Gas but makes sense they’d want a Spanish number 1 rider. Casales has had some awesome rides this year, problem is consistency with him though.
Maybe 2 GG riders - Casales and Dibs? Makes sense KTM might want a show of force for the brand  

Arnau Farre staying Jotagas and coming back from injury soon. 

Marcelli coming up from Trial2 and stay Mont? Gelabert also? Can’t see Scorpa wanting him to leave. 

I agree I think it would be a shame if dibs did call it a day he had his best ever result on a vertigo and it seemed to suit him well so hopefully he will finish his career  off there , all the other rumours are looking less likely. Now apart from maybe casales to gasgas like you said I’d imagine they’ll want a Spanish number one factory rider and he’s got massive potential still 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, nickday1 said:

Maybe 2 GG riders - Casales and Dibs? Makes sense KTM might want a show of force for the brand  

If they have plenty of money to spend, and want a show of force, Busto is a must. Only rider realistically capable (yet slim) of knocking Bou off. Don't see anyone else currently in GP with even half a chance. Raga and fajardo just don't have age on their side, and i expect a drop in form from fajardo on the sherco. Credit to raga and fuji though, they are putting younger riders to shame. Will we ever get a replacement for fuji? Bincaz and gelabert seem to have stalled, although bincaz is impressive indoors. After Busto, i believe you have to look further down in Trial2 at the next successor. If by chance he left under a cloud, new owners usually means a clean slate. I wouldn't like to see Honda pinch back busto when fuji finally calls its quits and honda dominate for another 10 years

Would like to see a trial2 rider get promoted with a full factory ride. IMO, theres a couple down there still trophy hunting

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2

I've been told by a person who has been involved with Montesa/Honda for years. He says that the door is absolutely one way, when you walk out.  I mentioned that Bou is still obviously very fond of Busto, when you see them together.  He said Bou has absolutely zero say, no matter how many Championships he wins....  Busto will never be back on a Montesa.