Spanish rumours

hgas

Probably Casales to GG, now that his Vertigo deal has ended.  I'm guessing that Dibs goes to Vertigo, and not for TrialGP.  He's already putting feelers out on IG, about teaching in the off season. He'll ride the SSDT, Scott, ACU Championship, some others and some indoors.

I think dibs is more than likely going to stay where he is now , Miguel gelabert and his younger brother have both signed for vertigo apparently ,and busto is staying put aswell so that pretty much ties up all the loose ends , I agree with trial 2 there should be a limit on how many years you can compete in there if you’ve won it , what is grattarola actually achieving by staying there he should be back in trial gp 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hgas said:

I agree with trial 2 there should be a limit on how many years you can compete in there if you’ve won it , what is grattarola actually achieving by staying there he should be back in trial gp 

Grattarola said it’s getting too dangerous and too extreme. TBF he’s at the older end of the riders and if your option is stop riding WC trials or do Trial2 then I think most people would be happy he’s still around (except Toby ?)

Could say the same for Ferrer but if they’re throwing their own money / not earning at something can see why the step down. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, nigel dabster said:

who could you possibly mean?

I think that certain someone who came very close to winning Trial2 last year should have made the leap. His performances in BTC against fellow TrialGP competitors hints he his capable. No doubt after his performance this year he will stay down another year and perhaps his performance this year justifies he's not yet capable to move up. Its hard to know, i just feel you have to keep pushing yourself at that young age and take risks. and another 2 years in trial2 could hinder him. You will probably disagree with me here, heck sometimes i disagree with myself too.

Edited by faussy

At the back end of last year martyn was looking really good he was amazing to watch I honestly believe losing the title the way he did has broken his spirit this year he just hasn’t looked the same rider and his results have gone backwards so maybe one more year in trial 2 won’t hurt him he’s still very young , I’d like to see dibs in trial 2 on a 4 stroke beta that would be interesting ?

• Like 2

Think that WTC has become too hard and dangerous for all but a few that have the ability/backing/bravery.You either get up a big step or come crashing back down,too many of the sections are like this.WTC needs a rethink,it's not going the right way

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 12:21 PM, faussy said:

I think that certain someone who came very close to winning Trial2 last year should have made the leap. His performances in BTC against fellow TrialGP competitors hints he his capable. No doubt after his performance this year he will stay down another year and perhaps his performance this year justifies he's not yet capable to move up. Its hard to know, i just feel you have to keep pushing yourself at that young age and take risks. and another 2 years in trial2 could hinder him. You will probably disagree with me here, heck sometimes i disagree with myself too.

I couldnt agree more.

2009 Final championship results shows that the junior (T2) went to Alex Wigg by a small margin from Alfredo Gomez. (What it doesnt say was he rode the last two rounds on the top WTC route)

He couldnt get there soon enough. A few even went up without winning the lower championship, a certain Graterola did before he went pot hunting.....

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, huski said:

Think that WTC has become too hard and dangerous for all but a few that have the ability/backing/bravery.You either get up a big step or come crashing back down,too many of the sections are like this.WTC needs a rethink,it's not going the right way

That was the whole point of no stop though, wasnt it????

You should be asking Michaud why its not been the success he thought it would be and how it has prolonged the careers of the spanish lads and not inceased participation one jot?

However I would say if the severity were changed who specifically would you think it would attract to ride the top route?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

I couldnt agree more.

2009 Final championship results shows that the junior (T2) went to Alex Wigg by a small margin from Alfredo Gomez. (What it doesnt say was he rode the last two rounds on the top WTC route)

He couldnt get there soon enough. A few even went up without winning the lower championship, a certain Graterola did before he went pot hunting.....

Yes and Alexz had spent 3 years in the junior class to get the win. Think it was too long. I don't mind grattarola and ferrer pot hunting to a certain degree, because they put in the work the last few years, and its good to have them hanging about. But they have to realise that just because grattarola no longer wants to ride trialgp doesn't mean he isn't capable or how good that makes him at a lower level. Toby could spend the next 2/3 years trying to beat him and not succeed. Although i don't know why his form dipped this year. Was the 4rt that good?

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

That was the whole point of no stop though, wasnt it????

You should be asking Michaud why its not been the success he thought it would be and how it has prolonged the careers of the spanish lads and not inceased participation one jot?

However I would say if the severity were changed who specifically would you think it would attract to ride the top route?

Yeah, theres only so much money going around, or a certain amount of riders with the money to compete the circuit. If thats 20 riders, then you either have all 20 in trialgp, or 13 in gp, and 7 in trial2. Lowering the level won't attract people that already don't ride the WTC. 

That was the point. Ive said this before but i think nonstop has had the inverse effect. Tight turns and tricky sections have gone because they know they cant observe them, so to keep the difficulty in open type sections, the steps just got bigger. Stop allowed had tight turns and shorter run ups so the steps didn't need to be as massive.

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1