Scott

dabber

So, with Doug out Dibs should win but others?

Price or J Peace should be next favourite, but is it a wildcard year? Sadler, Kendrew? 

Cant see it being anyone else. 

Moors will be very wet, but forecast for the day looks dry and cool.

2 hours ago, dabber said:

So, with Doug out Dibs should win but others?

Price or J Peace should be next favourite, but is it a wildcard year? Sadler, Kendrew? 

Cant see it being anyone else. 

Moors will be very wet, but forecast for the day looks dry and cool.

What’s happened to dan peace?

Can’t see anyone coming close to dibs. Unless he has a serious mechanical issue. He knows he’s got the measure of jack price, just needs to focus on low observation, I would think a ‘steady’ pace for him won’t be more than a couple of minutes behind Jp and Jp!

2 hours ago, dmc2028372 said:

Can’t see anyone coming close to dibs. Unless he has a serious mechanical issue. He knows he’s got the measure of jack price, just needs to focus on low observation, I would think a ‘steady’ pace for him won’t be more than a couple of minutes behind Jp and Jp!

Yeah, just like last year ?

Edited by faussy

4 hours ago, dowsonm said:

Any news on the winners.  My guess is Dabill, Price then Richardson.

Dabill, Sadler, Dan Peace. Richardson fastest man. Jack Price missed a section.

Just got results so will have them up shortly.

23 hours ago, Andy said:

Jack Price missed a section.

Is the rules for the scott different? It says its run under the rules and regulations of the ACU, which state if you miss a section you incur 10 marks, not exclusion. Richmond club don't have the regulations on their website

Edited by faussy

1 hour ago, faussy said:

Is the rules for the scott different? It says its run under the rules and regulations of the ACU, which state if you miss a section you incur 10 marks, not exclusion. Richmond club don't have the regulations on their website

Missing a section would also affect time, not sure how that would be factored in ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, faussy said:

The link to the Scott Trial Supplementary Rules (SR) isn't working, but I found this in a link to Final Instructions....

TSR18 OBSERVED SECTIONS
The start and finish of each Observed Section and Sub-Section will be clearly defined “Begins”
and “Ends” with cards and flags. If a driver misses any section then he will be automatically
disqualified from the results.
I also remember from reading the SR in previous years, that you get 50 points the first time for not making an honest attempt at a section, and disqualification for the second time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nhuskys said:

The link to the Scott Trial Supplementary Rules (SR) isn't working, but I found this in a link to Final Instructions....

TSR18 OBSERVED SECTIONS
The start and finish of each Observed Section and Sub-Section will be clearly defined “Begins”
and “Ends” with cards and flags. If a driver misses any section then he will be automatically
disqualified from the results.
I also remember from reading the SR in previous years, that you get 50 points the first time for not making an honest attempt at a section, and disqualification for the second time.

That must be it then. I read that if you "deliberately" not follow the course you can be disqualified, but i imagine JP didn't "deliberately" not follow it.

I see theres a few sour grapes from GGUK, boasting that JP would have won even if he was given a 5 for that section.

"It's satisfying to know that looking at the section by section analysis Jack would have won even he had fived the missed section. With 1 mark on time and a maximum of 26 on observation that was job done. That's a fact and not an excuse."

Job done? Thats kinda funny. Don't think they were taking into account the time he gained by not riding the section.

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, faussy said:

That must be it then. I read that if you "deliberately" not follow the course you can be disqualified, but i imagine JP didn't "deliberately" not follow it.

I see theres a few sour grapes from GGUK, boasting that JP would have won even if he was given a 5 for that section.

"It's satisfying to know that looking at the section by section analysis Jack would have won even he had fived the missed section. With 1 mark on time and a maximum of 26 on observation that was job done. That's a fact and not an excuse."

Job done? Thats kinda funny. Don't think they were taking into account the time he gained by not riding the section.

Jack was a little more circumspect, saying he learned something from it, and would be back next year better prepared.  I'm surprised his supporters didn't keep him on track, but when you're on the gas trying to set Standard Time.......

• Like 1

It's not possible to work out the time gained by missing a section ,so exclusion is the only fair way out.Maybe he would have won if he hadn't missed the section,but that can't be claimed.Harsh but totally fair rule 

• Like 1