Conquering the Iron Giant. Graham Jarvis

madmostin

2 hours ago, madmostin said:

Just finished Graham Jarvis’s book. 

I really enjoyed it and there was a good bit on trials in there and how much Malcom Rathmell helped him. 

Very positive on the sport of trials.  

Well worth a read  

Yep me too. Thought it was a bit shallow in terms of detail about riding etc. But it must have been pitched right as the Mrs read it and enjoyed it too. Even got her watching some of the Red bull TV enduro stuff with me. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 8:37 PM, breagh said:

A true off road god, more famous than Dougie now? I wonder.

Outside of trials, definitely! Apparently, there are a lot of people that didn't even have a clue that GJ was a trials rider!! 

For me, the most amazing part of his story is that he's been riding World Championship level events for something like 27 years! 

Seems like he's coming out of himself in recent training videos so I'm hoping he'll have another career as instructor/training video producer etc. 

Yes a brilliant book of local lad to me years ago. Although a top sports man found a niche and succeeded against the odds in later life when others had retired. It`s only when you read something like this you realise all the struggles. Touching that his personality and loyalty, a rare thing these days held him back. Seems to have no regrets. A good read.........