Hidria wiring ?? PLEASE HELP

shortscycles

Hello All,

New to trials and needing some help.  Bought a 2004 gasgas txt 300 Raga.  About 2 hrs worth of riding and no spark, did the whole swap the rectifier thing ,didnt help, couldn't find a cdi/coil for sale (ducati system).  So i bit the bullet and ordered a complete Hidria system for a newer model.  My problem?  Not sure where all the wires go.  Some are obvious, some not so much. I cant seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere for the Hidria.   I am not running lights.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.  I have looked at that diagram.  I believe mine is different, such as the colors of the wires and the pinout.  Example: my number one is brown and goes into the wiring harness so cannot go directly to the coil.  there is another brown coming out of the harness but the connector is round and will not fit the coil.      I hate to just start trying wires in different spots in fear of frying my new (expensive) system.  

Hi

Here is the breakdown
1. From the stator you have one yellow wire that branches into 3 female spade connectors. This is power for the regulator, the rectifier, and the headlight.
2. A brown wire with a eye connector - this is earth to frame (usually connected to the coil mount bolt)
3. Two wires bound together - one brown with eye connector (same earth mount as above to coil), and one red and white with female spade connector - to coil.
4. One short black and white with female bullet coming from the back of the plug - this connects to your kill switch.
5. Two wires about 45mm long (one from the plug, one directly from the stator) - first one red /yellow with female bullet connector, and one brown with male bullet connector. These are the MAP switch. Connect to MAP switch, OR leave unconnected for MAP1, or connect together for MAP2.
That’s it!

cheers
Edited by arnoux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

arnoux   THANKS,  I received your reply to my email also.  This was exactly what I needed.  Did a little bracket building and tank bending to allow the new system to fit and its all back together and running. Now If someone could  tell me how to ride this thing.  Rode dirtbikes for about 40 years, thought "how hard could it be"   WOW!!!  I stink    I have an all new respect for trials riders.   

shortscycles

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - I've got a Gasgas 2008 TXT pro with Ducati regulator and CDI - and surprise, surprise - is failed so I have no spark at the plug!!

So I'm thinking of installing a complete Hidria electric system. I would appreciate any comments or feedback on how straight forward this replacement is?? Is it as simple as removing all the old and installing all the new?? Does all of the Hidria components just bolt back on the same mounts??

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

kfblake94   

Yes its pretty much plug and play on the new system as far as the wiring. Follow arnoux's list above. He knows his stuff.  The mounting is a little bit of a task though.  As of now mine is kind of shoved in what little space is available.  I cannot tighten my fuel tank all of the way down.  The top lacks about 1/8" being where it should be.  No one else notices until i point it out. Works for now.  I plan on extending the wiring  from the cdi and relocating it to sit behind the number plate somehow.  That should give me plenty of room and cool the cdi better.    Just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

Tank on my 2013 never sat all the way down either,there's not much space to cram it all in.Relocating on the rear of the number plate would fix this,but would it be too vulnerable when you jet washed the bike perhaps?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

sorry to revive an old thread. I’m currently having an issue. I bought an 05 txt pro 300, with Ducati ignition.. it was all chopped up. So I reached out to the hellteam and got the part numbers to replace with a Hidria system. Here’s my problem. I ordered the exact parts that is required. however the wiring harness that is depicted as being the right one ET70120GG-CBN-1 for the Hidria system and my CDI ET51100CT-CGG-1 have different connectors. When I search on gas gas parts it shows this correct wiring harness for that correct CDI, and pictures look like the correct connector. They are not, or the same part number was used for newer model bikes and has a newer connector on it. I will attach what I am talking about. 

My question is, what connector is it so I can just buy that and swap it off the wiring harness? Or am I missing something here? I did find a kit to replace the connector but of course out of stock, it just doesn’t tell me the type of connector so I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks for any help.

here is that website I mentioned https://www.splatshop.co.uk/hidria-cdi-connector-12-pin.html

It looks like the 09 KTM 65 used the same connector as well

Chris

29DCC41E-35C6-42CF-AA36-225C4052DC49.jpeg

C8E6A948-AD35-4F78-983A-167DEB2A0279.jpeg

C67F2C73-D390-46B7-BFC6-F54F8C20E483.jpeg

Edited by Slytheslayer96