gas gas txt pro 250 2006 fueling problem

Jake2005

hi.

I've recently got a txt pro 250 and have had nothing but problems with it I'm kind of clued up to a point on bikes and I'm now stuck. the bike when trying to idle is high so I turn the idle down and then the revs start jumping up and down. it was running but popping upon messing with the fuel screw I've managed to stop that but when revved the bike stays revving for a second or two then goes down it then cuts out and looks asif it ain't getting enough fuel but adjust the fuel screw any more and it bogs and floods the bike I've cleaned the carb many times and the air filter my next course this weekend is going to be taking the top end of the bike apart and regasketing everything including the exhaust (doesn't sound to be blowing but may aswell for piece of mind)... does the carb also have a seal in the bottom as mine doesn't have one in but thinking also to seal that incase it's leaking. 

thanks in advance 

Hi Jake when you say you're adjusting the carb settings on the carb are you adjusting it the right way.. is your crab the one with the air screw at the back of the carb or at the front near the intake rubber(if so this is actually a fuel screw that works in the opposite way an air screw works...

Check out Jim Snell YouTube videos that explains the dellorto carb and its tuning...

Edited by slack

If you have a Delorto carb (PHBL26), first try setting the fuel screw 3 to 3.1/2 turns out. Sounds like it could running weak or there's an air leak. 

Petroil mix ratio 60:1 ish. The crank bearings are lubed by the gearbox oil so you don't need much oil in the fuel.

Does it smoke excessively? or consume gearbox oil? this could point to crank seals. lets hope not.