2014 Sherco 250st

diazzz85

Hi all, 

Started my trials journey last year when I joined Zona 1 and bought my first trials bike, a 1999 gasgas txt 250 that I sold last Saturday. Now looking to buy a newer bike and a 2014 sherco 250 caught my eye. Can you guys please help me, is there anything in particular I should look when I go to see the bike.? Is this a good bike to go for? 

Thanks 

Andre

I have really enjoyed my 2015 ST250 from new and have no plans to replace it anytime soon. The gas cap in the rear does need to be clean before you open it but not a big deal. The clutch sticks it has been sitting for a while but frees up easily if you rock it back and forth a few times in 4th gear (common issue on lots of trials bikes).

3 hours ago, pauls320 said:

The problematic Formula hydraulics of that year would be a concern. Be costly to convert over to AJP or Braktek, hopefully its already been done

If it's still got the Formula junk on it I'd look elsewhere 

4 hours ago, pauls320 said:

The problematic Formula hydraulics of that year would be a concern. Be costly to convert over to AJP or Braktek, hopefully its already been done

Thanks for your reply, can you please let me know how do I check which one is on the bike? 

5 hours ago, michael_t said:

I have really enjoyed my 2015 ST250 from new and have no plans to replace it anytime soon. The gas cap in the rear does need to be clean before you open it but not a big deal. The clutch sticks it has been sitting for a while but frees up easily if you rock it back and forth a few times in 4th gear (common issue on lots of trials bikes).

Thanks for your reply

10 hours ago, michael_t said:

Ditto but i purchased mine nearly new and I also haven't had the clutch sticking issue. I have tried many other newer bikes and none made me feel like they were better or would make me better. My 2015 has braktek but I do not know about other years.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Finally last Saturday bought a 2015 ST250, haven't had the chance to ride it yet but can't wait. As mentioned here by someone the clutch is stuck but haven't tried to free it up yet. Any mods or upgrades you guys recommend, as I'm thinking to strip her down and check bearings and bits and bobs because she's been stored for the last year.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 years later...