280 Explorer linkage parts differences

Viper808

Planning on replacing all the bushings of the linkage suspension of my 2013 Explorer. I can only find a 2012 Explorer parts manual.  Are all the bushings the same between 2012 and 2013 Explorers? Or should I use the part numbers from the 2013 TR280i parts manual. I compared the p/ns between the 2013 TR and 2012 Explorer and couple of the bushings p/ns are different. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pretty sure the teflon lined bushes are the same for the TR range 2012 and 2013 linkage systems. The only difference I remember for that year was the link arm, which for 2013 had steel pins in lieu of the vastly superior anodised aluminium pins, and was a retrograde step, the pins would tend to rust up and seize in place. I don't have a 2013 Explorer parts book, just the TR280 so can only go by this. Later years had a larger diameter rocker pin/bush assy so the rocker itself would have a different p/n. Hope this helps, Bye, Peter B.

The bushes I’ve seen have part numbers on them from the manufacturer (Not OSSA).  I source them that way and buy them by the 10 pack.  I ride in mud a lot and they don’t last long.

I have one of the Titainium linkage setups on my Explorer, and it has zerk fittings so I can push fresh grease (I use silicone/teflon) through and (hopefully) push out much of the mud.  That helps a lot.