Decent quality Trials trousers.

metisse

Its time to replace my trials trousers, I did this  last year with some Clice replacements, only for them to melt like a plastic bag brushing once on hot exhaust. Can anybody point me in the direction of a brand  that might last, not too loud,  or are they all made in the same Spanish factory with just different prints. I like the look of the Rialtto one's but I believe they are discontinued.. 

1 hour ago, midlife said:

MX trousers come with better  protection from heat and falling off and last longer.

Last years stock cheaper as well

I disagree, mx trousers are supposed to be used in conjunction with separate knee protectors. On their own they are useless regarding knee protection. Slightly better heat resistance and yes prices are more favourable

If your exhaust is melting trousers then you really should have a heat shield over it incase some day it ends up on top of you. As silly as lsv's post may seem, wax cotton or leather is really the only thing that will stand up to a bare 4T exhaust (assuming its your ariel thats doing the melting). I know a guy who got badly burned by a mx 4t exhaust and all he wears now are old leather mx trousers. All modern trousers are polyester, so they will all melt

Edited by faussy

My old Majesty used to warm up my legs with the wes exhaust, worse when raining and things got damp. These melted having rubbed on the front pipe for some reason. My old Hebo's have inside pads... Having a trawl around the various sites they all look about the same whatever the make... There must be a market for non garish , qualtiy,  for men of a certain age...

Erm Denim Jeans...for those of a certain age, black denim is better than blue. Any of the good work trousers advertised by the Diy stores...some have more benefits than actual Licra tights that are ‘for trials’. With Belstaf and Barbour you run into weight issues, especially if you wear the jackets as well....but thats what most used then in the past. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

A couple of years or so ago there was an American outfit (can't recall the name) producing plain coloured trousers of a more seemly cut for the mature rider but I am not sure what material was involved.  Are they still on the go?

Sounds like Up and Over Trials. Nice pants, but they'll melt on headpipes like other brands.