Decent quality Trials trousers.

metisse

Interesting chat with someone in the trade today, about trials trousers. Apparently, and this is no secret, trials riders are tight and there is no market for a better qualtiy, comes at a price product and all the latest products melt like a plastic bag if they brush up against a hot exhaust.  He went on to say an old UK  trials clothing producer of years back, wants to come back into market, but is hesitant as it might cost a little more than those on the market at the moment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wuckfitracing said:

I`m new to this hobby/sport and I am loving it so far but some of the clothing seems more fashion over function. (read that as I think what the hell do you look like) Lurid colours with the name of the maker emblazoned all over it. Nope  

I agree, It would be nice to see a little less Lurid and a little less labeled.  

As such I like the looks of the Up and Over gear better than most, but need to use up my current gear a bit more before I can justify the expense to get some.   

I personally have no problem with trials pants, and prefer them to my enduro/MX pants for trials. I wear S3 Pilot pants with Fox Titan hard knee guards for extra protection. I run a head pipe protector on my Scorpa, and have never burned my trials pants. Enduro/MX pants are cut extra loose in the knees so knee braces can be worn without restriction. I wear CTi knee braces riding enduro, and enduro/MX pants work fine, but are too loose and baggy riding trials without the knee braces.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m new in the world of trials but I’ve been a trail rider for a long time and I’m not much of a logo guy. My favorite type of pants are bird hunting type brush pants with brier protection on the front and sewn in buttons in the waist for three point suspenders to keep them in place, (and regular pockets are nice) 40-50 dollars. The legs are just right to wear my alpinestars sx- 1 knee guards under with just the right amount of room to be comfortable with the guards and trials boots under. ( I’ve pretty much retired my moto boots since I found the trials boots, so much easier to walk in) And for my jerseys WalMart sells polypro tee shirts in their athletic department both short and long sleeves in a variety of colors for under 15 dollars. I wear a short sleeve under for moisture wicking and the suspenders and a long sleeve over for sun protection and the elbow guards. Subdued and very functional piece of kit for an old man. I’ll leave the flash to the young bucks. But then, to each their own.