What to buy Beta evo 250 factory or evo 300 (same price) - advice please.

luct4

Hello,

i'm looking for a trials bike. I ride beginners clubman level. I can buy 2 bikes in verry good condition for the same price:
1. Beta Evo Factory 250 year 2017
2. Bete Evo 300 stock bike year 2017
I read a lot on trialscentral and dont know wbat is the best choice for me. I ride most off the time in a
bike park (no big hills) with a lot of obstacles (technicalà. My weight 65kg. At this moment i only have
a montesa 4ride to play with.

Greathings,
Luc

Thank you,

the problem is that i don't have the poussibility to do that. I ride in technical zones and personally think that
a 250 is the best choice for me as i am a novice. I had a 3004t factory and stuggeled with is.
I rode once a 250 and foud it a lot better but in Belgium most riders like to ride a 300.

Greathings,

Luc

250 wins it every time.  fit a slow action throttle, & 9 tooth gearbox sprocket. 300's are for more experienced riders & can often get the better of you. Lots of people go for the bigger  cc models , then end up spending a tidy sum de tuning them to make them more rideable, when a 250 does the job just as well.  

• Like 2

I would buy the 250.  For a start it is the factory option which has better parts fitted.  Second unless you are really very good the extra power is wasted, you simply don't have the ability to use it.  I have recently bought a 250 Evo for my wife and it is very good.  It is an older bike than the 2017 and not the factory option.  It is slightly less powerful than my TRS but the main difference is it is just an older bike and a bit worn out.  Upgrading to a 2017 factory would be nice and give her a bike that would last for years.  Her problem would be that I would want it and try to use it all the time. ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. Is it realy a great difference in engine and grunt between the stock evo 250 and the factory model as singesavant rode above?
Could it be an option to install teh stock exhaust?

Greathings,
Luc

12 hours ago, luct4 said:

Could it be an option to install teh stock exhaust?

12 hours ago, singesavant said:

...you might want to consider changing the Reed cage for boyesen (around 40€) which improves low end a bit...

Why buy a superb bike then spend more money on it?  There is a guy in our club has the factory Beta and loves it - he has been riding 4 years and is better than me but not Bou by a long way.  I imagine our conditions are very similar to North Belgium?

People buy the 300 then spend lots de-tuning it.

My wife's (2014) 250 Evo is a bit lacking in refinement and needs slightly better brakes and other features that (I think) the newer factory models probably have.  It's still a very good bike and she loves it.  If I had the cash I would upgrade it to a newer factory 250 to get the better brakes and other cycle parts.  The engine is faultless.

Edited by ChrisCH

Hello everyone,

thanks for all the good advice. I just bought a Evo 250 factory like new. Iff i had the money i had bought a 300 Bosi SS
with lots of extra parts.My local dealer Jori Sport Belgium made a verry nice price for the 2019 model.
Here are some pictures of my new toy. I'm verry happy with this one.

Greathings,
Luc

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 4

Helllo,

the bosi 2019 is the stock model with lots of modifications like light weight fork clamps, bosi package, lightweight bolt, footpeggs,smoother cluch, 
different cylinder head (smoother),.... Phone Johan (Jori Motors) 0476 64 29 82.

Greathings,

Luc