Bantam

2stroke4stroke

It wasn’t only a Bantam that got the exhaust/frame treatment there was I think a Metisse with a Triumph engine where the exhaust down pipes entered into the frame lower tubes and exited just before the swinging arm. 

In both cases I think there would have been heat issues and especially with the Bantam. Imagine the load and stresses being put through the exhaust port, securing ring and frame connection.

1 hour ago, section swept said:

It wasn’t only a Bantam that got the exhaust/frame treatment there was I think a Metisse with a Triumph engine where the exhaust down pipes entered into the frame lower tubes and exited just before the swinging arm. 

In both cases I think there would have been heat issues and especially with the Bantam. Imagine the load and stresses being put through the exhaust port, securing ring and frame connection.

The harmonics aswell. Bet they would have been interesting to clean out. 

Its something I've not come across before so I'm interested in the story and the thinking/ theory behind the idea. 

11 hours ago, martinsyderob said:

You can't leave it like that! Where can I find more out about this bike? 

I only recall it being pictured, with some details, in the trials column of the Motor Cycle but can't remember hearing anything further of it, so can't say who rode it or how well (no doubt somebody can).  Memory was stirred during discussion about the Emme which a pal had just seen in the Neckarsulm museum. Emme

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

1 hour ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I only recall it being pictured, with some details, in the trials column of the Motor Cycle but can't remember hearing anything further of it, so can't say who rode it or how well (no doubt somebody can).  Memory was stirred during discussion about the Emme which a pal had just seen in the Neckarsulm museum. Emme

Hopefully someone comes up with a few good story's about the exhaust frame idea. Thanks for taking time to reply.