Montesa cota 123

Betaireland

Well evryone new to all this have a montesa cota 123 project looking to see has anyone got a workshop manual pdf or know where thers an online one bought the bike as a non runner needs parts was told engine has transmission problem wont select gear anyone able to shed some light cheers jordan

Snapchat-635273719.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Jordan,

123 monty has a perculiar 'selection' shaft which can cause issues, (end away from gear shift  lever) = on mine it has been repaired.

Maybe's worth an casing strip to investigate.

Parts for this model are not the easiest to find.............mines now down due to finding cracked flywheel, and none of he usual parts folk are able to help.

all the best

Andy, 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there a montesa repair manuals on ebay ,  today , there was ?  A montesa parts dealer in central  England . Think his name Andy , he was on ebay , I purchased a cylinder from him few years ago for my 200 Cota ,  you have a very nice looking bike , , I don’t see Andy on line from the states , , you might call around to find parts or a exp , repair man , if the cases need opening , , , I opened up my 250 vr and transmission parts just fell everywhere , don’t know if gears where working , so I purchased a short block by chance it was on sale in Oregon ,  Ho ,,, he had a 123 he was parting out  ,, Oregon state  he is on line ebay montesa parts  ,  

17 hours ago, Betaireland said:

Thanks andy for the reply done some more looking and found that the gears for the kickstarter mechanism are worn aswell any idea are these easily sourced cheers 

If you use good ol e bay, try cyclesavant who is a mine of info on Vintage montesa's (although is based in the states; ) 

Seems like a really nice guy, who has answered various questions I've asked him.

Just had a look and he is listing a cota 123 kick start drive gear items. as well as transmission items

Hope that helps

Andy

17 hours ago, Betaireland said:

Just looked at cyclesvant ebay hes got lost of parts I didnt get a chance to strip the gearbox hopefully this week I will get to it does any one know what year this bike might be 

It looks like it's a late model, (badge'd Montesa/Honda),  MH123 so would hazard a guess at  mid 80's

Main difference over the earlier 123 cota is full sized wheels, exhaust system

Another source worth trying for pars etc, In Motion and www.Vallmoto.com in spain.

All the best

Andy

• Thanks 1