2003 txt 280 clutch assembly

yankee99

I need help please this clutch was frozen and when i dissatisfied it i lost the order of the clutch bearing and my setup seems like it has a extra washer that's not in the parts manual. 

The manual has a ridged washer that rides on the fingers then the bearing. Mine has a extra shown in the attached picture. 

Screenshot_20191109-181640_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191109-181621_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191109-181934_Chrome.jpg

I'm not familiar with your specific bike, but the placement of the ridged washer looks correct - it self-aligns with the diaphragm "fingers". I would think that the thrust bearing then rides between that washer and the surface of the clutch slave cylinder on the slave cylinder shaft. Perhaps the extra flat washer was added by the previous owner to take up freeplay/slack in the clutch throw, or to preload the clutch? It should be easy enough to test your clutch with and without that extra washer. Perhaps by adding the washer the previous owner was trying to compensate for the tendency for GGs to "creep" even with the clutch level pulled-in fully? But it's possible that the root-cause of said issue is that the clutch lever is not permitting the master cylinder plunger to fully function; there needs to be freeplay at the lever in order for the plunger to move to its fully relaxed position and to produce a "full" stroke when activated.

Edited by d2w

The extra washer should not be there. There should be a washer in between the kickstart shaft and the outer casing, but I am not sure if this should be 0.5 or 1.0mm thick, have a look on the parts list description, as the "extra" washer may be from there. Bye, Peter B.

5 hours ago, peterb said:

The extra washer should not be there. There should be a washer in between the kickstart shaft and the outer casing, but I am not sure if this should be 0.5 or 1.0mm thick, have a look on the parts list description, as the "extra" washer may be from there. Bye, Peter B.

Hi thanks for the help

definitely not the kickstart washer which is very thin. 

This is very thick and seems someone might have been trying to fix something the wrong way i just dont know what they were trying to fix