Ty 80 con rod

bondy

Hello am restoring a Ty 80 I've had a new con rod pressed in and balanced it came without thrush washers now I've put it together when I put the 2 crank cases together and nip up the crack is stiff and will harden move without force i have built many off same engine without fault the only difference being all had thrush washers in as any 1 any idea what else it could be as I've done everything correct main bearing fully home so in my mind it can't be anything else or am i missing something apart from the thrush washers TA 

If there is side loading on the main bearings it will be hard to rotate, thrust washers or no thrust washers on the big end. If the rod was free before you put it in the cases it should still be free because the force required to move the crank wheels on the big end pin is usually way too much for reassembly in the cases to move it.

Maybe clarify what you mean by "now I've put it together when I put the 2 crank cases together and nip up the crack is stiff and will harden move without force" so are you meaning it is hard to rotate the crankshaft or hard to move the rod?

We've had several TY80 cranks rebuilt using conrod kits from Yambits, all came with thrust washers, none were used because the assembled crank would have been too wide with them installed.  Our crank rebuilder rarely if ever uses them unless there is excessive wear on the crank throws. 

• Thanks 1

Ok I have sorted it now I've took it out and refitted it and all is good god knows what was the problem but looks like I've sorted it I have also done a good few off the TY 80s never had this before so thanks for replies cheers