arthurthomson

arthurthomson

Hi my names Arthur and I'm new to trial bikes, in fact any bikes. Bought a 2003 Sherco 250cc the bike ran great the first couple of learning sessions but now it starts no bother when on full choke but when choke is put off the engine dies I have tried keeping it revving for a while but it still dies when you let the throttle off. orry I don't know muck about the mechanics of a bike but am keen to learn and your help would be much appreciated in solving this problem guys. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of trials!

Sounds very much like you need to clean out the carb, not a difficult job just a bit fiddly if you're not used to them. You'll also need to check the filter and air box are clean.

Might be worth seeking advice from someone at your local club / practice venue, the trials community are very friendly and most will be glad to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Arthur welcome from Fife

The main stronghold in your area is the Bob MacGregor Trials academy at Dunlop which isn't too far away from you.

They've got a site so check that out.

Best man for help /advice in your area is Murdo MacPhail  who helps out at the academy.

All the regulars will know how to contact him.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi started the bike last night on full choke and after running for a minute the revves went quite high and the bike cut out does that help any and it won't start or even try unless I put the choke back on again. Really appreciate you helping a pure novice like myself. 

Edited by arthurthomson