splatered stu

trials bike on a Caddy...

years ago i had an Eldorado i wanted to get my bike on...i built a small rack that fit into the receiver hitch (want to get funny looks? ask for a trailer hitch for a Cadillac) and i could plug it in and out in a second, ,small and easy to store.it weighed bout 25 lbs.(steel not aluminum) it worked like a damn and i could still get the trunk open with 1/4 inch clearance.it was what i had to work with at the time so i made it work.

weld 'n'n washin 034.jpg

weld 'n'n washin 036.jpg

weld 'n'n washin 038.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good, nice design, but how did you get away with the bike obscuring the rear rego plate and tail lights?

• Like 1

good point.for me at that stage of my life i just drove real fast so no one ever got on my butt to notice,.also travel times and route are important to avoid domestic roadside terrorism.never did get pulled over in the Caddy.much but i also stayed off the radar and out of the traps...if one where to pull this off in heavily populated and "civilized"areas a set of trailer lights and set of receiver hitches for the pate could cover the legal end.....i like to stick to the backroads and small towns so as to not put up with the PC culture and its stormtroopers of safety. so that was never an issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, splatered stu said:

good point.for me at that stage of my life i just drove real fast so no one ever got on my butt to notice,.also travel times and route are important to avoid domestic roadside terrorism.never did get pulled over in the Caddy.much but i also stayed off the radar and out of the traps...if one where to pull this off in heavily populated and "civilized"areas a set of trailer lights and set of receiver hitches for the pate could cover the legal end.....i like to stick to the backroads and small towns so as to not put up with the PC culture and its stormtroopers of safety. so that was never an issue.

Your strategies would work here too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, splatered stu said:

Good practice for post nuclear holocaust travel.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, b40rt said:

Good practice for post nuclear holocaust travel.

how about navigating the zombie apocalypse? i see zombies everywhere...phones,greed,pills,pride,beer,nationalism, and the wretched abyss our cultures have  made the zombie apocalypse a real thing to those who still have eyes and logic.dude the time to practice self protection is now.better go lock up yer bike...the zombies may be stealing it right now.....a nuclear holocaust is a fairy tale you have been told,worse things are right outside if you care to look,..its ok though...most people are safe cuz zombies only eat brains and most people have traded them for social media status, little flags and flashy cars.

Edited by splatered stu
not enough coffee

That?  Is. A. Cadillac?

An Eldo too?

Geez, car design and elegance went down the pan in those days.

• Like 1

yup,it was a ghetto caddy for sure was rusty at all the joints,,had water leaks and smelled like a boat that never gets used. it got stuck in the snow a lot and bottomed out if you tried to drive it down any trails.i traded it for a mini van and thought i got the better deal..cars in the 80's sure sucked for sure.all the worst ones i have owned came from that decade...all my favorites seem to come from the 70's.or the 90's still had fun in it though...ever seen a yamaha ty go 110 MPH? mine did on the back of that car,...sure held the highway well at speed.kind miss those heated seats....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1