Which way around

sparkieb

That's uncanny.

I am also assembling the clutch cable on a 248, but, the clutch lever arm is fouling the gerbox oil filler cap before any clutch action occurs.

Its almost as if the slotted brass piece that is pushed by the lever arm to bear on the clutch is too short.

Were they made in different lengths?

I'm going to re assemble with a lump of Blu-Tak and then measure the amount that squashes down to, when the arm is in a suitable position, and then re-make a new one to suit.

Bilko. Could you please post up a picture showing the position of the arm at rest, and then a 2nd picture showing the position of the arm with the clutch handlebar lever 'in', or clutch disengaged.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, dr nosh said:

That's uncanny.

I am also assembling the clutch cable on a 248, but, the clutch lever arm is fouling the gerbox oil filler cap before any clutch action occurs.

Its almost as if the slotted brass piece that is pushed by the lever arm to bear on the clutch is too short.

Were they made in different lengths?

I'm going to re assemble with a lump of Blu-Tak and then measure the amount that squashes down to, when the arm is in a suitable position, and then re-make a new one to suit.

Bilko. Could you please post up a picture showing the position of the arm at rest, and then a 2nd picture showing the position of the arm with the clutch handlebar lever 'in', or clutch disengaged.

Thanks.

Yes they are made in different lengths

21 hours ago, sparkieb said:

Ive just put a new one in from "in motion" and its longer than the old one ?

If you have a look at the 2nd post by Bilko showing the parts diagram, you can see the six variations offered by Montesa at the time, the last three digits of the part number are the dimensions. IE: 7.2mm through to 10mm.

The InMotion jobs are 10mm.

Edited by fourex
Last three digits.
  • Like 2