Oldman new bike

Oldman317

Hello all,

I hope I’m doing this right, if not please forgive me. I’m a 64 year old guy with my first trials bike and my first try at a forum.

A short while ago I took my Yamaha XT250 to Tennessee to ride some trails and stumbled onto the Trials Training Center and long story short I now own a demo ‘17 GasGas TXT 125 School. Flywheel weight and front sprocket down one tooth, what a hoot! I’ve been riding motorized two wheelers since I was eleven and I knew what trials riding was but never was exposed to it until now, what a shame. I’ve got a lot of ground to make up. One day at a time?

• Like 5

Good man,I know you're not in the first flush of youth but take heart from the fact there's plenty over 60s here at the wobblers.

Some pretty handy too which can be a bit worrying for some of the youngsters.

Anyway enjoy ,some folk never find out how fun Trials are.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. That’s the truth, I attended a trial competition and met a seventy two and a seventy eight year old both riding in the intermediate class and they got clean runs in many of their sections. Seeing that is what convinced me that I wasn’t too late to get started. I just got back from an hour ride and I’m delighted.

I’m enjoying the 125, the riding position is still somewhat new to me, after about 45 minutes I’m missing the seat, but overall it truly a fun little bike. It’s got all the snap I could ask for. I don’t have a convenient trials club or grounds but have been riding the trails that I normally ride on my xt250 and it’s been a hoot so far.