Dorna motogp viewing subscriptions

bigplonker

Yes, I know this is a trials site, but it has a MotoGP section so I may as well use it to have a bit of a moan. This morning I received an email from PayPal stating that Dorna (the organisation that runs MotoGP) have grabbed about £125 from my account. This is the cost of viewing the 2020 GPs. Unfortunately I was unaware that this was an automatic payment triggered at the end of the final race of the 2019 calendar which happened yesterday at Valencia. My gripe is that this sum was grabbed without prior warning. Personally I would have preferred an email informing me that this sum was about to be deducted from my bank account and that it could be cancelled if I so wished. Fortunately I could just about afford this expense without getting overdrawn. Also, I'm happy to consider paying to watch next year's races. But, and it's a big but, I really do think Dorna have been a bit sneaky. I've now cancelled this automatic payment nonsense after searching the internet for how to do so. Have to admit I'm now reluctant to sign up for the 2021 season. Thank you. Moan over.

Ive been caught with the same thing regarding Amazon Prime and BT. Transparency and your interests are not at the forefront of these organisations, only their short term profits.I know with Amazon Prime you can cancel within a short period for a full refund, maybe MotoGP have the same, although if you really intend to buy it then you have no real need.

Automatic subscription should be an opt in, not something to opt out of

Edited by faussy

19 minutes ago, faussy said:

I know with Amazon Prime you can cancel within a short period for a full refund, maybe MotoGP have the same,

I searched the Dorna MotoGP site for any info regarding cancelling this payment and/or being reimbursed. Couldn't find anything even remotely related. Sneaky burgers.

• 6 months later...

As explained earlier, Dorna sneakily removed £125 from my bank account without prior warning. This was the cost of viewing this year's MotoGP rounds. However, as all these rounds (except for one?) have so far been cancelled, will I be able to claim a refund? 

I can't see it, they seem to be trying to sort a European/Spanish world championship rumored to run into January at the moment which they'll use as being able to justify the cost