Gas Gas txt pro road legal ?

TIbbo

Hi there

just wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have a 2002 Gas Gas txt pro which has a V5 so I have a number plate for it and technically it could go on the road. 

Although I can’t for the life of me see how it would get through an MOT. Did these bikes come with indicators and brake lights originally. I’ve had a look at a wiring diagram for the bike and it just shows one wire that it says to cut if you want to remove the lights 

Any help with this would be grand 

thanks 

ED2AC5F7-AADF-450D-84B7-99B26FF69867.jpeg

Hey thanks for that, this bike originally came with lights and switch gear which I was going to try and source to put it back to original but they seam a little allusive to find. 

I believe it looks like this. 

I was told one just sold on eBay but I missed out 

I thought they would have at least had to have a rear brake light but the wiring diagram doesn’t seam to show anything like that. 

FECC30F6-B680-4B30-BA37-20802E4B6918.png

43 minutes ago, misscrabstick said:

All you need to be legal is a continuous note horn and a speedometer, then you get a daytime mot.

Many  inspectors insist on a reflector as well, even for a daylight mot. Also fit a legal size number plate. Tyres should be own up to 20psi, directional arrows can be picked up on, as can cuts in sidewalls. 

36 minutes ago, lsv said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but a speedometer is not required for MOT but is required for use on the road.

Yes, I think that's correct, I rarely ride mine on the road, but I have a quickly detachable self contained horn unit and a GPS speedo in case of police scrutiny, my number plate is a bit small but around here they tend to just tell you to get it changed.

10 hours ago, b40rt said:

Many  inspectors insist on a reflector as well, even for a daylight mot. Also fit a legal size number plate. Tyres should be own up to 20psi, directional arrows can be picked up on, as can cuts in sidewalls. 

No requirement for a reflector if you have no lights.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TIbbo said:

Hey thanks for that, this bike originally came with lights and switch gear which I was going to try and source to put it back to original but they seam a little allusive to find. 

I believe it looks like this. 

I was told one just sold on eBay but I missed out 

I thought they would have at least had to have a rear brake light but the wiring diagram doesn’t seam to show anything like that. 

FECC30F6-B680-4B30-BA37-20802E4B6918.png

That thingy is difficult to trace but not impossible be prepared to pay around 100 - 150€ for that lights / flash lights / horn / engine stall combo!

Very period correct if colorful, there are new ones just in black available for the same price range!

I have them on my bikes too:

See on the Aprilia and the Montesa and on the Bultaco, (no near Image, the ones on the Montesa
and Aprilia where mounted from the beginning on the one for the Bultaco where back then mounted
by the German importer because we needes to have a different switch, the original Bultaco was back
then not sufficient):

Aprillia handle bar and pad.jpg

Bultaco Schalter.jpg

Edited by pschrauber

6 minutes ago, TIbbo said:

I’ve been looking for a while for them. I’ll see what I can come up with and take it from there. 

Here is one available:
https://www.offroadracing-pilz.de/Teile-Shop-fuer-GasGas/ARTIKELLISTE-ERSATZTEILE-ZUBEHOeR-FUeR-GASGAS-NACH-ALPHABET/S/Schalter-Kombischalter-HS1-fuer-GasGas::10765.html

Time period Right is a Marathon of asking Dealers if they have them still in the inventory or if they know someone that might still have them, that is they way I traced them so far. 

Edited by pschrauber