New Rider, New Bike

BrettD

Good morning all! 

I am new to trials riding and am in the market for a new bike and looking for input. While I am new to trials, I am not new to offload riding/racing. I have been racing hare scrambles and enduros here in the midwest for some time. While that is a great time, I am looking for a new challenge, a way to cross train and the ability to ride at home with something quiet. 

I am in the market for a new bike and am looking at Sherco/Scorpa, Beta and GG. I have found a deal on a new GG that is very intriguing but am skeptical to go the GG route as it sounds like parts are sometimes hard to come by. Im not sure if this is the case or not but the savings on the new bike would allow me to purchase boots and a helmet and still have money left over from my budget. 

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Bought a Gasgas last year, has about 75 hours on it, hasn't needed anything but fuel and lube. I would not worry about parts, as most maintenance and rebuild part seem available, and the dealer feels the KTM buying is mainly to support the enduro line.

Art

Edited by sherco70
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, charlie chitlins said:

Woah! Sweet!

Interesting picture....looks like Iceland, or something.

Or an old asphalt parking lot ?

Excited to play with it! 

Sat in the garage balancing on it and riding circles Saturday night! 

Might put it in my office for the winter to stand/balance on while I work this winter

• Like 1

I'm recovering from a knee replacement.

In a tongue-in-cheek way, I said to Mama Chitlins, " I may bring the bike in the house for balance practice...y'know...as physical therapy."

And a few days ago, something came up about my recovery and she calmly said to a friend, "Yeah... we're considering bringing Charlie's trials bike inside for the winter so he can practice balance and strengthen his leg."

Yup... I'm bragging.

I married RIGHT......this time ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, charlie chitlins said:

I'm recovering from a knee replacement.

In a tongue-in-cheek way, I said to Mama Chitlins, " I may bring the bike in the house for balance practice...y'know...as physical therapy."

And a few days ago, something came up about my recovery and she calmly said to a friend, "Yeah... we're considering bringing Charlie's trials bike inside for the winter so he can practice balance and strengthen his leg."

Yup... I'm bragging.

I married RIGHT......this time ;)

Good girl ya got there! 
My wife was looking at me funny then said - well its your office, you can do what you want. 

I had ACL, MCL, Meniscus and quad surgery a couple years ago, knee work is tough! I need to have both meniscus' worked on again. I have/had permanent sutures in my my left knee and tore them out a few months ago and am putting it off at the moment. 

Best of luck with recovery!! 

On 12/3/2019 at 8:57 AM, BrettD said:

Good girl ya got there! 
My wife was looking at me funny then said - well its your office, you can do what you want. 

I had ACL, MCL, Meniscus and quad surgery a couple years ago, knee work is tough! I need to have both meniscus' worked on again. I have/had permanent sutures in my my left knee and tore them out a few months ago and am putting it off at the moment. 

Best of luck with recovery!! 

Thanks! My meniscus was removed 40 years ago. That's how they did it back then!

• Haha 1